What chain lube do you use & what's best for cleaning fling off wheel, swing-arm etc?

Yes, and I buy 5L bottle with spray, much cheaper.

Good find, but where was it at £3.99 price? £8 now for 400ml.

I pay bit more for 500ml Wurth; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-High-Performance-Dry-Chain-Lube-500ml-Twin-Pack-/351162315577

i use petrol to clean the chean or degreaser and motul chain lube

At the OWC maintenance night I was shown a 3 step process.

1. WD40 to remove the crud from the chain.
  2. Brake cleaner to remove the WD40.
  3. Chain lube, sprayed on the inside on the chain, bottom of the rear sprocket, so it doesn’t fling off.

Mr NumNum he tells no lies

+1

I use petrol with old paint brushes to clean the back wheel, sprockets, chain, etc, it’s much cheaper than WD40 :w00t:
( Just make sure you don’t have a cigarete break, anywhere near the bike and/or brushes and rags, if you do this )

Then re-lube with whatever chain lube I have to hand.
I usually buy cheap in bulk at bike shows, I think it’s Motul C4 at the moment.

Wurth brake cleaner, chain lube, chain wax

Cleaning off fling - WD40

That would be the muc-off lube. Don’t worry about using too much, just don’t use too little. And, like suggested by others, wipe off any excess with a rag.

At the OMC maintenance course they told us that “Dry Lube” was an oxymoron. I use WD-40 and a rag to clean the chain then Castrol Lube because that’s what they have at Chiswick Honda then rub off the excess with a rag. I got almost 20K out of the original chain on my RR and changed it early as it was being serviced. Rubbing off the excess seems to reduce fling.

I’ve used Silkolene before which was pretty good. In my 52 litre Top Box days that was used to lube half the bikes on a Sunday rideout when we stopped for coffee. A friend at work who was running an ER5 as cheap as possible used to use his spent engine oil on the chain.