What are you reading?

The Way of the Elders

Cool book - want to do Africa after Russia - perhaps next year - might just dip my toe in north Africa and take it from there - fasination country with an amazing history.

m

erm Matt you mean fascinating continent right

How did you know it had to do with Africa?

Yes quite right… slapped wrist for me :slight_smile:

Actually came across the book when I was doing some research for next year - I tend to devour books and have one of those memories… Amazon helps too! :wink:

m

Know Your Traffic Signs

And

The Ambulance Driving Manual!

Both extremely boring, but I ain’t got a choice!!

fun fun fun!

m

I’m currently reading Branson’s autobiography, very interesting guy.

Believe it or not

Bloody good read especially if like me you were bought up in NW London…

Losing my virginity? Yes very good book - couldn’t put it down - what a fantastic life he’s led - the early days were facsinating… setting up a record label in a basement…

Any idea where you are going Matt?

Madagascar is good for biking (it was bikers galore over there) so is Western Africa

Still no idea yet - got my eyes very firmly on Russia at the moment - http://journeytorussia.co.uk - two options for Africa - short trip to north africa or a three month all the way down the right hand side to south africa… honestly havn’t decided yet…

m

Aww c’mon

this thread is ‘what ya reading’ not ‘what you gonna do when you’ve read it’

ahhh a budding mod :slight_smile:

Threads here on LB quite often go off on a little wander… normally it’s latex… you should be thankful that we’re just talking road trips :wink:

m

War and Peace !!

I know i’m used to forums and am an avid fan of spam …except i don’t spam …

Until now oops damnit see what you made me do

I bought Armageddons Children for a friend of mine, the one who has lent me Jarka Ruus and others actually lol.

I prefer reading non-fiction (fact is stranger than fiction anyday!), but do enjoy Sci-fi fantasy from time to time. Spent many an hour in Forbidden Planet browsing the books in there!

I want to read Charlie Boormans Dakar book next, as i really enjoyed the Long Way Round book.

ha ha!

Yeah I got boorman for christmas, got a few other books to get through first

Common as muck - Roy ‘Chubby’ Browns Autobiography

At the moment I am reading Michael Crichton : Next

But the best book I have ever read is a book called marching powder by rusty young (non fiction). I have bought it about six times and given it away to friends every time to get them to read it.