Well done plod

Thieves will use false plates or stolen vehicles to steal; some use their own vehicle. ANPR can be a useful tool in trying to combat motorcycle and car crime.

Police don’t design and build ANPR systems; they buy the technology like any other large organisation.

Oh fcuk me it’s Judge Dredd :w00t:

I work for a company that does that!

Unfortuantly it’s all secure stuff even though I work in the IT dept I still can’t get access :frowning:

ANPR is useful but its simple to fool. It reads numberplates and nothing else…

So I steal a Ford Focus RS and need to get across town…hmmmm, search the Focus RS forum which Im sure there is loads, get a UK number plate from the earliest picture thread you see which matches the colour, get one made up from a local shop for a fiver and stick it on…

And ANPR is beaten.

Saying that, driving down a road, it will pick up cars heading towards you and will alert quickly so quite useful in that aspect.Good for built up areas.

Fair play to the old bill for the raid at brands read in mcn they found about 16 stolen bikes,but i will agree with some on this post that the old bill do target motorcyclists and also lorry drivers (which i am ) with the sole intention of getting a 60 pound fixed penalty ticket issued think they do it just to make the crime figures look good.Also would like to know how they justify the huge weekly operations at blackwall tunnel pulling mainly vans,lorries and bikes when greenwich and the surrounding areas are full of all other types of crime which they could be dealing with.But is far easier for them to deal out fines for motoring offences than go and deal with nasty robbers,rapists and muggers.Well thats my rant over sorry if i offended anyone:)

fair play too its much easyer to go for the mug who should have know it was stolen, rather than trying to catch the people who are stealing them to orderm besides you lose money and waste time why do that when its easy pickings

“i aint haveing it they should go after the people doing the nicking”

nothing a poll tax riot wont sort out:D

Threads like this crack me up! I’m normal plod and not traffic so I don’t have time to deal with incorrect number plates! I’m to busy running from one pointless call to another!
My shift usually revolves around partnered couples who have an argument and wanting plod to sort out their silly problems - ‘he called me a name and I don’t want him to do that’. Meanwhile old mrs miggens down the road is being burgled, something that’ll change her life forever! Or some scum bag is thieving your pride and joy! Where am I? Still dealing with mr and mrs half wit!
This is the clincher though… On the off chance that one of our patrol vehicles does come across a stolen bike, all the slag does is take his helmet off and thanks to policy, the pursuit is called off! Frustration personified!
We have twenty odd officers covering around 35 square miles making it a nigh on impossible to do our jobs effectively! If the public want a better service then I’m afraid it certainly won’t be happening with all the cut backs that will soon be upon us!
Happy days, hey???