Well done lads !

But if the other 58 million people in the country don’t want it then you think that the opinion of that 1.8 million should be forced upon them and made law ??

A valid point raised… but maybe the rest couldn’t be bothered to get off their arses like the rest of 1.8 million (that’s a lot of people) and do something.

KS - also a good point. Boston Tea Party resulted in alot of bloodshed, today Americans see it as their Independance but the English saw it as a declaration of war. USA did the right thing, the English weren’t doing any good there.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter… depends on what side of the line you are standing on.

Sadly what the majority of the public want has noting to do with democracy, the government will do whatever they want to serve their own interests and the interests of those that back them, and that would be the needs of business and the people who hold the purse strings, it has nothing to do with what the public want as more often than not the public aren’t aware of the ‘real’ facts, only those that the govt feed them through the media, and this applies to most govt’s, not just ours, whichever party they may represent. :crazy:

If you look at how stats are collected and what the relative weightings are a response of 1.8 million out of about 24 million drivers is astounding, it’s as near total condemnation as you can get :)More people didn’t vote for Tony Blair than did so should he still be elected ? :w00t:

That hasn’t answered my question ?

slarty this government isnt interested they have control.

They will implement their policies no matter what we think or want…they know better than us dont they…thats is until about 4 months before the election…hmm then we will see.

Vandalism is not what this is, its activism. There are hundreds of incicdentnts over the centuries, nah thousands of people standing up for their convictions and being condemed for their actions…I am not sure I know of anyone who thinks speed cameras are a good thing, ( but many do of course) But I know hundreds who think speed kills…or more importantly causes the accident…and we as bikers know that isnt correct…

tough call…but speed cameras are not the answer to accidents…nor safer roads…and the millions they are hoping to raise by charging cars will not go to road safety or improving roads it will go on and inner city tart up jobs…oh and new council offices essential in the 21st century…

[quote]
twostrokesliveon (29/10/2007)

slarty this government isnt interested they have control.They will implement their policies no matter what we think or want…they know better than us dont they…thats is until about 4 months before the election…hmm then we will see.

Vandalism is not what this is, its activism. There are hundreds of incicdentnts over the centuries, nah thousands of people standing up for their convictions and being condemed for their actions…I am not sure I know of anyone who thinks speed cameras are a good thing, ( but many do of course) But I know hundreds who think speed kills…or more importantly causes the accident…and we as bikers know that isnt correct…

tough call…but speed cameras are not the answer to accidents…nor safer roads…and the millions they are hoping to raise by charging cars will not go to road safety or improving roads it will go on and inner city tart up jobs…oh and new council offices essential in the 21st century…[/quote]So very true!

what a bunch of ****en Morons

Police :1

Morons:0

they should make an IQ test with the license so that less idiots get to ride around

they should only be used at intersections so that u dont run a red light,

High way application is bull, people used to walk…ride horses…carages…cars…bikes…etc.

meaning…

its getting faster and WILL get even faster.

you wanna put it in a highway, u limit it to 200+ km/h (get the extremes)

We have roads in the Uk that couild easily sustain much higher speeds, even unlimited sections…and I see no logical reason why we dont do this…

making speed appear to be a crime is pure police policy mumbo jumbo…and it is their policy…they want to make it as unacceptable as they have done with drink driving…

Instead we should be looking at ways of making speed more acceptable and safer…the bad news for us is that that might mean less bends…becasue the councils introduce bends to slow us down,…and cause accidents…they have to try and find a balance between accidents and speed…and believe you me I have had this conversation with a planning officer…“too many sharp bends means too many accidents, too few means vehicles travel too fast” (NOTE THEY DO NOT HAVE ACCIDENTS THEY JUST TRAVEL TOO FAST)…so a few accidents to help us reduce speed is acceptable…explain that to me in a believable way if you can…

YOU HAVENT NOTICED THAT THE DRIVING TEST IS HEADING THIS WAY ALREADY…THERE IS CERTAINLY A CASE FOR MAKING IT HARDER AND HARDER TO PASS A TEST WITHOUT FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THE ROAD AND THE LAW…THIS IS GOOD…BUT IT NEEDS TO BE CONTINUED, WITH ON GOING TESTS AND A CONTINUAL RE APPRAISAL OF ONES ABILITY TO DRIVE…THE FUTURE IS HEADING THIS WAY…bUT PUTTING PEOPLE IN PRISON FOR SPEEDING IS NUTS, USING THE POLICE TO CHASE SPEEDING MOTORISTS IS NUTS LETS FOCUS OUR EFFORTS ON IMPROVING ROADS SO THAT THEY CAN PERFORM THE ROLE THAT THEY WERE INTENDED TO ACHIEVE, NAMELY TO GET PEOPLE FROM A-B AS FAST AND CONVENIENTLY AS POSSIBLE…ACCIDENTS ARE NOT INCLUDED…WE SEEM TO HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT ROADS ARE FOR…I took my bike test 30 years ago…could i pass a CBT today yes as i have done it, could i do the HGV test yes cause I have done it…do i know all there is about riding a bike…NO I AM STILL LEARNING…