Weekend Star Wars the Old republic Pass (Free)

Today we are excited to announce the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial. Now for a limited time, you will be able to live out your very own Star Wars™ saga with thousands of other players for free! With the Star Wars: The Old Republic Weekend Pass Free Trial, individuals who don’t already have a previously-activeStar Wars: The Old Republic account will be allowed to see a portion of what the game has to offer, free of charge, with no payment method required, for up to four days!

Individuals who take part in the Weekend Pass will be able to experience the opening adventures of each of the eight character classes in the game, exploring both their Origin World and their faction’s Capital World. Additionally, Weekend Pass players will have the chance to face off against other players in PvP Warzones, or join up with friends and play through a couple of early faction-specific Flashpoints in the game, The Esseles and The Black Talon.

The Weekend Pass Free Trial opens Thursday, March 15th, 12:01AM CT / 5:01AM GMT and ends on Monday, March 19th at 2:00AM CT / 7:00AM GMT

CLICKY

The game is awful. For true star wars fan/geeks only in my opinion, and even then I think they will get fed up of it pretty quickly, twirling a light saber is only fun for so long without decent game play. As a positive to that negative statement, the single player game is pretty good, but why pay a monthly subscription for a single player game?

Comes as no surprise that they are hawking free passes to try and entice people to play.

Give it time and it will be free to play, like every other failed MMORPG out there.

Except Wow…

“like every other failed MMORPG out there”

ahem…

Yeah, I didn’t last a month on it, back to Rift for me…

I would play it for the single player aspect. I was in the beta and found it lacking but there are those out there who love it.

Oops read straight over the word failed!

Ive been looking forward to SW:TOR for a few years, but now I’m loath to try it :frowning:

On a side note this looks interesting. There is a 10 minute commentary in the below link.

I have been waiting for a good looking mmo for a while, I liked WOW for a time but got bored and hated the fact there was no high res texture pack like EVE brought out.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/143/14356584.html

Real time combat (meaning real time dodge etc) so you dont just play the I have more hit points than you game.

I was in Beta and attended a focus group for them. I told them then the game was lacklustre and would be played only by the obsessive star wars fans with most MMO players giving it a miss, and that because of this they would never rival WoW in subscriber numbers or longevity. They called me Darth Hater.

It is a good single player game, but I won’t pay a subscription for a single player game. It sets a bad precedent. Imagine if every game required you to log in and pay a subscription just to play, after paying your £40 to buy the thing in the first place.

There is no MMO in Star Wars, the areas are devoid of players, even in the first week of the MMO release, the areas were empty, I think they split the areas by instance, which means there is not a lot of people about. The only place to find other players is on the fleet, and at level 50 in the PvP zone…where Sith outnumber Jedi about 6 to 1 on almost every single server.

I could write a litany of what was wrong with the game, but to be honest, I just don’t care about the game enough to bother.

Asian MMORPG = Massive Grind Fest.

Dunno what it is about Asian MMORPGs but they are woeful, every single one I have played has been the most soul destroying grinding away for hours and hours on end to get +1 to a stat.

Just can’t play those sorts of games any more, want me instant gratification these days, not 3 months of grinding for little benefit.

Lego Star Wars is the way forward :wink:

DnD anyone?

So did anyone try it?

been trying to download it over the weekend. Will try again tonight and report back.

need to drag myself away from Mass effect and Battlefield 3 (when I get time to play that is)