Wednesday sausage roll call

@Abzero its tomorrow…and apparently going to be chucking it down!

To repair the roll call when it does that, hit the edit button and then submit. It sorts it all out for some reason. mole
doesn't look like it :( now it's worse

@Abzero - I would’ve also suggested doing a Bikesafe, but on the strength of the refresher that TimR and I done recently, I’m more inclined to say don’t bother as the course content has really gone down hill and you won’t learn much. 

Get yourself out with some fast but considerate and well mannered riders and get some tips on what they’re doing and why. But choose wisely, otherwise it’s likely to set you up with some right shitty habits that you won’t even realise are baaaaaad things to be doing. 

@Abzero its tomorrow...and apparently going to be chucking it down! Redwez
Ha! my Mod2 was in terrible weather...use it to your advantage...The advice my instructor gave me: Ride to the conditions; this means you can wait for bigger gaps at roundabouts, travel slower, say 28 in a 30 with large gaps, slow down early and safely. The slower you ride & the more time you are standing still - the less miles+minutes in which to demonstrate a fault.
Ha! my Mod2 was in terrible weather...use it to your advantage...The advice my instructor gave me: Ride to the conditions; this means you can wait for bigger gaps at roundabouts, travel slower, say 28 in a 30 with large gaps, slow down early and safely. The slower you ride & the more time you are standing still - the less miles+minutes in which to demonstrate a fault. Abzero
My Sons Mod 2 was cancelled because quote "its raining"
Ha! my Mod2 was in terrible weather...use it to your advantage...The advice my instructor gave me: Ride to the conditions; this means you can wait for bigger gaps at roundabouts, travel slower, say 28 in a 30 with large gaps, slow down early and safely. The slower you ride & the more time you are standing still - the less miles+minutes in which to demonstrate a fault. Abzero
My Sons Mod 2 was cancelled because quote "its raining" Wise
Lazy bar steward.
My Sons Mod 2 was cancelled because quote "its raining" Wise
Lazy bar steward. Abzero
the test centre cancelled it not my son & yes he is a lazy barsterd

Really hope its not cancelled after the joke I had with my Mod1 being cancelled.

Also, just want to get done before my holiday.  Defo will try and use the weather to my advantage.

Really hope its not cancelled after the joke I had with my Mod1 being cancelled.

Also, just want to get done before my holiday.  Defo will try and use the weather to my advantage.

Redwez
I don't think its normal for Rain to cancel them; other than the examiner being lazy. It'd have to be "dangerous" conditions:

https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-test/test-cancelled-bad-weather

@TimmyFox - yeah I'm shit at taking bends but there's no need to broadcast it. LoL 😁 Janey
I was only ever suggesting that you are knowledgeable on the matter and might have some insight. Going by your reply, I was right.

:stuck_out_tongue:

It shouldn’t get cancelled.

Im just not looking forward to riding over there and being soaked before I even start!

@Timmy - I knew yous was only joshing.

I’m not a naturally good rider and I never will be one of those uber talented and totally fearless little sods that make you instantly jealous of their ability. So I over compensate by trying to be the best that my ability allows and by trying to learn as much as I can about what I’m supposed to doing on a bike. I’m getting far too old to act like a twat on a bike and think it’s impressive and I’ve also learned that it hurts too much when you get it wrong. So hence the various bits of training over the past few years to get me to a reasonable standard. I still can’t corner though :laughing:

I still can't corner though 😆 Janey
Neither can I :D

Ooh, this could be exciting, imagine the power if have!

Twist of the wrist is on DVD too if you can’t be arsed to read. And so probably available … elsewhere.

Also if your crap at low speed manoeuvres carry spare levers.

Hello all!

Is this the wettest summer on record yet?

Twist of the wrist is on DVD too if you can't be arsed to read. And so probably available .. elsewhere.

Hello all!

banman
Low speed isn't to bad tbh - although I favor safety over scratching cars so sometimes put feet down when its not necessary. What could be better is tightness + confidence. I've seen twist of the wrist 2 on you tube - but the production quality kind of put me off.
Twist of the wrist is on DVD too if you can't be arsed to read. And so probably available .. elsewhere.

Hello all!

banman
Low speed isn't to bad tbh - although I favor safety over scratching cars so sometimes put feet down when its not necessary. What could be better is tightness + confidence. I've seen twist of the wrist 2 on you tube - but the production quality kind of put me off. Abzero
Production quality doesn't devalue the content :p

Hello all!

banman
Low speed isn't to bad tbh - although I favor safety over scratching cars so sometimes put feet down when its not necessary. What could be better is tightness + confidence. I've seen twist of the wrist 2 on you tube - but the production quality kind of put me off. Abzero
Production quality doesn't devalue the content :p ILikeTurtles
no but I found it hard to follow because of it.