Wednesday sausage roll call

ugh, copy & pasting has done this thing again :frowning:

Abzero

Notepad! I mean morning.So if you think youā€™re crap at taking bends - whatā€™s the best thing a race school type thingy?

Morning allā€¦ waiting for my holidays to be confirmed to do some serious planing for a London to Alicante trip involving 6 cities and 1811 milesā€¦ to say that Iā€™m anxious is an understatement.

Embrace it! Itā€™s just how the new forum works :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve finally moved house enough that I had an actual proper bed last night (in the wrong roomā€¦), and then almost managed to leave early enough to get to work on time!

Morning all,

Notepad! I mean morning.So if you think you're crap at taking bends - what's the best thing a race school type thingy? Abzero
@Abzero - Janey has done a few different ones and may have some good input on the matter.

GOOD MORNINGS LONDON

I blame Acemanā€™s Old Triumph

Ride safe out there and enjoy your day

I blame Aceman's Old Triumph National Treasure
Don't say that - It'll get it's own account!

Morning, think IĀ will have a BBQ tonightā€¦sausages !

Hello LBers.Ā  Kinda wet out there.

How many days?

@nivag

9 days of riding, 5 laying on the beach :smiley:

Morning folks.

We could be 36 hours away for having Boris as PM.

@TimmyFox - yeah Iā€™m shit at taking bends but thereā€™s no need to broadcast it. LoL :grin:

@Abzero - if you want to really learn how to ride your bike and corner better, AVOID ALL RACE SCHOOLS would be my best advice. They assume that you have a level of understanding and skill that most people donā€™t actually have. What I would recommend is some sort of on track training day. If youā€™re feeling rich, or have a particularly lovely other half who likes to indulge you, then Iā€™d 101% recommend the California Superbike School. Youā€™ll get 1-2-2 or 1-2-3 tuition on track and youā€™ll also have classroom sessions that willĀ give youĀ the understanding of WHY your bike behaves the way that it does and what you can do to influence it.

Black and White trackdays also offers a very good one or two day package for on track training as well. Again, itā€™s not cheap but itā€™s still good value.

Thereā€™s also Hop Rider Training but theyā€™re fully booked at present.

Bikesafe is doing an observed ride and track session with CSS at their annual show at Rockingham.

The Keith Code books are really good, but personally IĀ canā€™t be arsed reading them and itā€™s hard to put it into practice without expert tuition to go with it.Ā 

If none of them float your boat, try a novice only trackday as thereā€™ll be instructors there that you can talk toā€¦ It all depends on where youā€™re at with your riding and where you want to go with it. The principles of bike controlĀ are consistent but how you put them into practice varies enormously between road and track.Ā 

Guys, my number plate lost one of those yellow plastic screws a couple of weeks ago, do you know where do you buy them by any chance?

Good morning all.

@Wildboy are you going to BM I have some spares that I can take along

Good morning all.

@Wildboy are you going to BM I have some spares that I can take along

Changyammi
I'll be there today at around 6:15 I believe, cheers!

Morning!Ā  Last day riding in before my Mod 2 and 2 week holiday!!!Ā  Woo hoooo!!!

Although I feel like crap todayā€¦so not looking good!

To repair the roll call when it does that, hit the edit button and then submit. It sorts it all out for some reason.

@TimmyFox - yeah I'm shit at taking bends but there's no need to broadcast it. LoL šŸ˜

@Abzero - if you want to really learn how to ride your bike and corner better, AVOID ALL RACE SCHOOLS would be my best advice. They assume that you have a level of understanding and skill that most people donā€™t actually have. What I would recommend is some sort of on track training day. If youā€™re feeling rich, or have a particularly lovely other half who likes to indulge you, then Iā€™d 101% recommend the California Superbike School. Youā€™ll get 1-2-2 or 1-2-3 tuition on track and youā€™ll also have classroom sessions that will give you the understanding of WHY your bike behaves the way that it does and what you can do to influence it.

Black and White trackdays also offers a very good one or two day package for on track training as well. Again, itā€™s not cheap but itā€™s still good value.

Thereā€™s also Hop Rider Training but theyā€™re fully booked at present.

Bikesafe is doing an observed ride and track session with CSS at their annual show at Rockingham.

The Keith Code books are really good, but personally I canā€™t be arsed reading them and itā€™s hard to put it into practice without expert tuition to go with it. 

If none of them float your boat, try a novice only trackday as thereā€™ll be instructors there that you can talk toā€¦ It all depends on where youā€™re at with your riding and where you want to go with it. The principles of bike control are consistent but how you put them into practice varies enormously between road and track. 

Janey
Thanks Janey - interesting stuff to think about. I'm still a novice at this lark (2 years riding, 4months on a big bike.) I don't necessary want to ride faster; but increase my control of the bike. Had a look at the California Superbike School - and wow thats expensive; but sounds like you get alot out of it.  The riding school I did my CBT+DAS with is run by an ex-racer who instructed there before, and they do "power" courses; but not sure what they entail. I also found a moto gym kana school (but everything using you own bike...like I want to drop that!)  Thanks again, for the very helpful advice.
Morning!  Last day riding in before my Mod 2 and 2 week holiday!!!  Woo hoooo!!!

Although I feel like crap todayā€¦so not looking good!

Redwez
Mod2 tomorrow? or this afternoon?