Wednesday roll call frosty services

Good afternoon. Today's stupid question from me is, what is the difference between a front and rear tyre? Michael
http://www.motorcycletiresmaniac.com/front-vs-rear-motorcycle-tires.html
Abzero
Not such as stupid question if it's already been explained on the internets...

Thank you.  It seems then there is only one set of non-OEM tubeless tyres that would fit my bike then, the Michelin City Pro.  Which are worryingly cheaper than the stock Chinese ones.

My rear is 3.50x16, and whilst the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45 has a 100/90-16 metric equivalent, it is only as a front tyres.

im sure my sons ybr had pirelli tyres on it

It might only be cheaper because they sell more of them than the Chinese copies.

What bike is this for?

YBR125 Custom.  Different size wheels to a regular YBR though, and apparently to anything else.

A very good point, nivag.  That would make a lot of sense.

is it just me or are the roads a bit quieter today?

YBR125 Custom.  Different size wheels to a regular YBR though, and apparently to anything else.
A very good point, nivag.  That would make a lot of sense.
Michael
A few different rears listed here: http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&&ranzahl=4&Breite=3.50&Marke=&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&Quer=&Felge=16&Speed=&tyre_for=&m_s=&search_tool=&suchen=Ordern

That was why I made sure to mention tubeless!  Those are all tube tyres but for the Michelin and stock one, the C289.

It probably does not make much difference overall, but just another level of hassle I would like to avoid.  Given how much my accident last year messed with my subconscious, once my hand is better I want to be able to make sure my head is fine without having to worry about the stock tyres, but will then go for training so can look for something less homicidal.

I think I could guess that offsiding a traffic island isn’t allowed and although I can’t say never, I’m not in the habit.
Cycle lanes remain a mystery to me as so so many folk ride bikes and scooters of all sizes in them every day. I presume I’m not meant to, and avoid doing so, except when there is a big sign with times that it applies. If there’s no sign, then they aren’t for us at all right? Or are some different?!
Can’t believe I’m asking this after four years in London. I just stay out of them and presume these folks are all risking it for a biscuit…

If it’s a solid line you’re not allowed in it (like an old-school bus lane). If it’s a dashed line, you’re allowed in it if it’s “unavoidable”. You’re never supposed to just ride along either (unless you’re riding a bicycle), and I think it’s generally a bit of a dick move to.

Solid line bike lanes only apply during the hours of the parking restriction on the road they’re on. Makes no difference though, everyone seems to ride/drive/park in them whenever they fancy.

Clear as mud then

What? It’s like a bus lane - assume you’re not allowed in it and, if you particularly want in at some point, see what the signage says.

Exactly what I do now. And now I know it’s as arbitrary as I had presumed.