Wednesday morning roll call

Good morning LB world.
I’m finding out how difficult life is without internet at home. Virgin Media have had a fault in my area since 19th December, and when I called them on 19th, they initially said it would be fixed in two days. Three days later, I called them back for an update as it still was not working, to be told it’s a “network fault” that they are work on, and it should be fixed by 9th May.

I’m now finding out that my “unlimited data” from T-Mobile is far from unlimited, and has a “fair use” policy limit of 3 Gig. With phone updates, Netflix, and general internet use, that is only lasting me about four days. So to be able to work, I’m going to a friend’s house to get onto his WiFi, or going to coffee shops with WiFi.

Abzero
Aceman
Aiesman
AndyCr15
Art
Asbo B
Bang2Rights
banman
Ben_Sir_Amos
BigD
Big Red S-hit my triumph is broken again
Bigty
Bikergirl_400
Blade
bluelagos
BobbyR1
Boris
brains_t
Cactus
CBR500R Commuter
Changyammi
ChrisB
Curtis
Cypher
DangerousB
EddieSV
Eezie
ExcelsiorHenderson5
fatkat
FlowWolf
Geoff B
Ginger
GSXRAng
Hannibal
hellfire2260
h-magic
Hold Da Kæft
hogtrumpet
IanWilliamson
IMORTAL_Indian
Ironman
Jaime
Janey
Jay
JAX
JesteR6
Jetstream
Kevsta
Kris
KTM D
MAD-DOG Dhofty
makman
Marmablade
me_groovy
Michael
Miggy
mole
Motodrb
Mr C
nails
National Treasure
Nic
Nine Mile
nivag aka sand king
ORBNOXIOUS
Panagiotis Pat
Pinhead
Pricetta
Redwez
Ricky
Rixxy
Rosso
Rusty99
Scorch
SeanV4
Serrisan
Shaunicous
SilveR6
Slacker
Slan
Squishbang
Steve…
Stevie78
Streetdouble
Stretch
Stuart Fordyce
Szymon
T cat
TDJ
Terry-Moto
The Cat
Tiggi
TimR
The Duc
TheMonkey27
The Sleeper
TheUnforgiven
TimmyFox
Toony
Treacle
Triang Ross
Tromboman
UrsaMonster
VelcroHead
Von
Westie
Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Win98se
Winnie the Pooh (On Probation)
Wise
Yourebarred
Zane
Zine

Virgin media is dire. Several years ago the whole of Derby was out for 6-7 weeks due to the uplink to Leicester being faulty.  In the time it took to repair I migrated my parents to ADSL2+.  There was an official incident within VM so you could quote and get a refund and compensation.  When my dad rang up to claim he was told that there was no such incident, or agreement and that he was a liar.

VM sucks donkey balls, although to be honest in my experience I have not come across a telecoms company with decent customer service.  Italia Telecom do take the trophy for appalling customer service.

Oh, and good moaning. :smiley:

Morning all a bit greasy today

morning all

Morning all.  Left home really late for me, still arrived at work at 8am for official work start… boom, riding a bike beats trains/tubes and walking!

Goood Morning! Almost left the house on time today, got to work slightly early, perhaps because I caught up on dakar coverage before I left…

Who’s at BM tonight?

Good morning.

When Vodaphone was out for 2 weeks they sent me a SIM card for unlimited data. You should ask for something like that

Move over to Zen Internet. Not the cheapest, but bloody good. i.e. when you need support there are no monkeys reading scripts, you can have serious networking conversations with their first line support.

Thank fuck i still haven’t signed to Virgin media. Most their money is spent paying usain bolt, flash adverts and thick mail spam

Because sky or BT are so much better…

Never had an issue with VM over about 6 years of using them, as long as you’re in a cable area and not doing VM ADSL (which is shite) they’ve always been fine…

But then I’ve also never experienced a VM ‘area fault’ so… maybe just lucky :slight_smile:

Most ISPs are fine until something goes wrong. Everyone’s got at least one ISP that they’ll never use again because of some litany of problems, and most people have another they keep going back to because they had no problems at all. Get a few people together and you’ll find that every ISP is both one to never use again and the one to always go back to.

There’s obviously more to this; Aceman’s not expected by VM to just keep paying for a net connection they’re not bringing back online before May. However bad VM are, they’re not about to demand that.

I’ve had VM and Sky a couple of times each over the last few years due to the availability of their services in the places I’ve lived. I’ve had more internet availability and speed issues with VM, despite being on a cable connection. I also find the UI on their TV boxes to be straight out of the ceefax era. Much prefer the Sky package and customer service. Also they will actually give you a proper deal for a real length of time e.g. 50% off Sky Sports for 12 months. VM is full price take it or leave it, I was lucky and got Movies for half price for 3 months. I’m fully gutted that I’ve got to leave Sky in this new house and go back to VM where I’ll almost double my bill for the same package as I had on Sky and probably with more internet downtime and throttling.

I’ll only use business suppliers, Zen, Andrews & Arnold or Gradwell. I don’t want to deal with call centre muppets when something goes wrong.