Wed rideout

So looks as if we are good to go from Wednesday for a solo rideout, to a beauty spot / beach.

Anyone going / not going / undecided?

I am itching to go out, just unsure if I will have time. I am homeschooling half the day, then fitting in a day’s work in the other half.

Nope, as much as I want to it’s still unecessary. Mine will be staying firmly parked and SORN’d in my garage. But I fully expect the local roads to be full of bikes as the vagueness of Bojo the Clowns statement yesterday meant people have interpreted it the way they want to.

2 Likes

I’ll be staying in.

On this point, at least, he was clear. You can drive wherever you want from Wednesday so long as you follow social distancing.

This is what the official document says (its own emphasis):

SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance.

People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.

People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.

When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

1 Like

They have interpreted as it being legal.

Of course some people will not want to get out, but it is clearly allowed, there is no ambiguity per the links provided.

I reckon any form of exercise and pastime that is good for your well being is to be encouraged. But each to their own.

1 Like

Oh I am so itching to go out especially with the weather we have been having, but I cannot help but think if I am unfortunate on the roads, do I want to be in a hospital\environment where there are people being treated for the virus, or will I have to wait hours for an ambulance because they are strained. etc etc etc. I know on that premise you can argue then you will never go out for another two years. :rofl: :rofl:.

There is what the Gov says but then I guess at the end of the day your safety is your responsibility. Probably I will ride around in circles in my estate, 5mph trying to get me knee down. :rofl: :rofl:

I disagree, there is plenty of ambiguity. At no point in the last few months have we not been allowed to ride as long as it was for essential journeys. As far as I have read that remains the same with the exception of them adding travelling further for exercise/visiting beauty spots (which is utterly bonkers). Personally I don’t consider riding for the sake of riding essential.

Your last sentence is key. Leaving the decisions up to individuals absolves the pillocks in charge of any blame when the second wave hits, and it will. Some people found it acceptable to have BBQs/parties/go to the beach/drive 200 miles to buy a puppy when we were being given clear instructions to stay at home, expecting those same idiots to be sensible now is beyond unbelievable.
Rant over

*Not aimed at you personally BL.

1 Like