Watch out for Ass**le in black Audi A3

Well well well looks like I posted too soon this afternoon… going home, filtering on the outside of a queue of traffic approaching red lights, and a new BMW swings out in front of me from the queue, not a hint of indication, into a garage opposite.
Gave them a rather unfriendly mouthful… don’t know if they heard me or not (probably never realised I was there) but the guy riding behind me on a R30 supermoto was quite amused.

I got cut up last night by a bloke in a mercedes who looked like Borat.

Yakshemash!

I agree caution is good, infact as bikers we should be cautious of ALL other road users and consider them all a threat, if you have personal experiences with particular combinations then you will naturally be more cautious of them, but you cannot warn others to watch out for a ‘white guy driving a blue nissan’, thats way too vague and could cause others to over react if confronted with said combination making a minor mistake while driving. Generalising is iresponsable.

Steering the discussion away from a race related direction, I would have to say that I don’t completely agree with your statement above. It’s not that simple.

I find that elderly drivers more often than not drive in a similar fashion. Young male drivers often act the same as each other behind the wheel, the list of other types of driver and the similarities among them, which is what we are talking about, is almost endless - my riding style is affected once I have identified driver and I am a little more prepared for potential hazards.

Putting people we come across into categories is necessary for our continued survival and sanity in my opinion.

Certain types of generalisation can be dangerous, as can trying to take the time to evaluate each person on their own merits or lack thereof.

Never thought this posting would get more than one reply :smiley:
I don’t consider it a generalisation if the person causing an argument with a London Biker in the near future is a combination of:

a) driving a black Audi A3
b) Appears to be of mixed race
c) A fairly large fellow ( approx. 19 stone )

The whole point of the posting was that if someone reading this posting ended up with someone matching my vague description up his ass on the way home from work, he might be a little more cautious.

This posting was never to incite London Bikers to gather around the car of the closest matching perp with pitchforks and torches and have at him.
I don’t feel the posting needs to be steered away or towards race…if he had been a dark purple Barney colour complete with tail and green polka dots I would have described him as such.

I weight 10 stone and I was driving a cbr125 with L plates and this idiot decided to undertake me while I was moving to the left preparing for a left turn at a junction so I’m really sorry I didn’t get the license plate number or a freckle count from his nose. I was too busy trying to drop my adrenalin and prevent the idiot from writing me off.

Therefore I conclude I’m fairly responsible.

No really…I’M SORRY :slight_smile:

Burn Monkey

you don’t need the whole plug it’s just the ceramic bit that doe’s the trick

That’s true, and even a chip of it flicked at a window does the trick quite nicely. :smiley:

hey burnmonkey you tell it as it is mate,you exercise what is left of your right to free speech,it makes me laugh that you have to defend yourself against narrowmindedness when all you wanted to do was warn us of what to look out for,perhaps you should of said it was the invisible man driving then no one would be ‘‘offended’’