WARNING!!

Ladies & Gents,

Forewarned is forearmed etc…

Be aware of new car-jacking scheme.

You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors, start the engine and shift or put into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift the gear stick back into park or neutral, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove that paper or whatever it is that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off!!

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED IN GLASGOW AND MANCHESTER AND IS MAKING ITS WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!

Just drive away and remove the paper later!

JUST BE AWARE AND TAKE CARE IT WILL PROBABLY SOON ARRIVE IN YOUR AREA

Might aswell just pick the bit of paper off as you walk to the car, throw it away and then open the car and drive off

This has been going round for years - just one of those old wives tales, could happen yeah but I dont think its going to happen like this.

Wives tales?

oh right, I’ll let the numerous victims on file know it didn’t happen…

this is active intelligence and happening…not something i post unless it is real crime…

and it is.

It is currently rife in strathclyde and now starting the rounds in Manchester…

not everyone is as astute as some in realising they are being targetted…

Thanks Porks - forwardned and all that… shall pass this round.

m

Cheers PS

Go back to the bit about looking behind you as you reverse tho, I’m pretty sure most of West London’s drivers will be immune from this scam.

Thanks for the heads-up PS.

I’ll pass it on to peeps I know.

good effort porky…i’ll pass it around also…

thanks

smiled.

A similar warning was given around a year ago, then it was in London by all accounts. Originated in the US (where else) Women are primary targets.

We all get complacent … timely reminders are good.

this has been going around for a while. I didn’t think it was for real.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp

So this is actually happening now? Scary stuff, I’ll pass it on, cheers PS.

Sorry if it is real and happening but these things come round on email all the time and I saw this one over a year ago

Mate, I do not know you but when a copper take the time to alert us about a potential problem. I take it as a clear and present danger andI am just thankfull for the tip!
So, with all due respect, S*** **…
Information is power and I am one that rather have to much than not enough. So Porkscatching, your tips and info are welcome, please carry one as you were…
:wink:

Still will buy you a drink at the Brasen if I ever meet u there though…

Thanks Porkscratchin It’s always better to be aware of these scams.

thanks for the Warning, PS

i will pass it on

Well said ghost rider

Im not even gonna bother replying…

just a thought but… we cant lock our doors if they wanna do this when we are on our bikes !

i believe Blade had something similar happen when she was on her bike…did i understand this right Blade???

I don’t think they left any paper on her rear windscreen…

but back to being serious, there was a long thread about a pair of toads trying to ‘persuade’ Blade off her bike a month or two back. Very scary so we all need to keep our wits about us.

Very true…of course i was actually ON my bike at the time, in main street…when one stepped out in front of bike frightening life out of me cos thought i would hit him, waving his arms about…when i was concentrating on getting bike in neutral and finding out what the hell was going on, i didnt see one come behind bike and start rocking it, thought car behind had “bumped” me…i was SO lucky two bikers came along…they saved my day, cos police would have turned up too late HAD they got away with that bike jacking! Fact is, i havent been on my bike much since then? And im not sure about riding alone at night in places i dont know let alone places i do!

Even lock doors when im in the car !!! (god im turning into a limp biscuit!)