Wanted: Waterproof tax disc holder (!!)

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a decent tax disc holder for me to put my parking permit in? I used to use these crap ones when tax discs were around:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-TAX-DISC-HOLDER-RUBBER-SEAL-TDH002-MOTORBIKE-/291792073397?hash=item43f029b2b5:m:mGv_i5p6J5o74a3Xrxnhjng

But I’d like something a bit better quality than that, which won’t let in water as those do.

Used is fine, as long as it’s clear and water tight! Would rather get something that you know is waterproof rather than try my luck on eBay…

In my experience most of them are waterproof for the first year, remaining water resistant part way through second and from there on corrosion gets a hold and they become proper shabby looking.

If its a local authority parking permit check if there’s an option not to display the permit. Some authorities now tag registration numbers in their Parking Enforcement database

Laminate it…

Laminate it.. yourebarred
laminate isn't waterproof

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a decent tax disc holder for me to put my parking permit in? I used to use these crap ones when tax discs were around:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-TAX-DISC-HOLDER-RUBBER-SEAL-TDH002-MOTORBIKE-/291792073397?hash=item43f029b2b5:m:mGv_i5p6J5o74a3Xrxnhjng

But I’d like something a bit better quality than that, which won’t let in water as those do.

Used is fine, as long as it’s clear and water tight! Would rather get something that you know is waterproof rather than try my luck on eBay…

Junglizt1210
I did have one in my shed (that could come in handy one day)

ill look over the weekend  

I always laminated tax discs and put them in standard holders and never once did one get wet. Stolen, yes, wet, no.

Yup, laminate it first.

I’ve a couple hanging round that you could have but I’m a bit far out

Thanks for the replies guys… It’s a National Trust car window sticker rather than a paper one like RBKC does etc. - the not-very-sticky-kind which you peel off and stick onto the windscreen from inside.

I visit a fair few NT sites so would like a nice way of displaying it basically.

Why would you need a waterproof holder for a waterproof vinyl sticker?

Here you go, colour co-ordinated for your Trusty vinyl sticker and a £2.79 bargain to boot 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GREEN-STEEL-WATERPROOF-MOTORBIKE-SCOOTER-QUAD-MOTORCYCLE-TAX-DISC-HOLDER-/281239698956?hash=item417b313e0c:m:mncME0QJHYnSQEAbGyl2ihw

I’ve got 2 of these if you still want one mate? let me know

laminate isn't waterproof
Wise
It's. I teach diving and often laminate notes/skills cards, and it takes at least 100 hours of being completely submerged underwater before they start delaminating. You can also double the layers to make it more robust and waterproof.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies - I’ve managed to get one of those cheap ones NT linked to, and it seems to hold up fine!
Thanks for your help everyone!

laminate isn't waterproof Wise
It's. I teach diving and often laminate notes/skills cards, and it takes at least 100 hours of being completely submerged underwater before they start delaminating. You can also double the layers to make it more robust and waterproof.
pawel
Do you mean you can laminate something, put that into another pouch and relaminate it?! (could be useful for something)

laminate isn't waterproof Wise
It's. I teach diving and often laminate notes/skills cards, and it takes at least 100 hours of being completely submerged underwater before they start delaminating. You can also double the layers to make it more robust and waterproof. pawel
Do you mean you can laminate something, put that into another pouch and relaminate it?! (could be useful for something)
Junglizt1210
Precisely. Most of the laminators can easily do even 3-4 layers (depending on the thickness of the paper as well), and it will become a lot more rigid and virtually indestructible. ;)