[video] A scientifically dangerous junction

Shockingly expensive, eh

Have you seen the cost of an excel licence these days???

1 Like

Er yes, I have an E5+EMS license :slight_smile:

Man! you have done alright for yourself! I get a discount but don’t have an E5…

1 Like

Is that like 007 having one to kill?

I meant the track n trace system being undermined by excel rows / columns running out but I guess that’s the risk of making jokes over two threads :joy:

2 Likes

This £500,000 scheme to create a realigned staggered junction, was finished on Sunday 23 January.

Councillor Russell Oppenheimer, the County Council’s Executive Member for Highways Operations, said: “I am pleased that the main important improvement works have now been completed and thank people for their patience.
“There are some further signs to go up alerting road users to the change of road layout and those will be going up as soon as possible.
“I would ask drivers travelling in the area to be aware of the revised road layout and to continue to watch for cyclists and the livestock, who will have grown used to having the road to themselves without any traffic.
“We have worked closely with our partners at the New Forest National Park Authority, The New Forest Verderers, Natural England and Forestry England to get this high priority safety scheme implemented and I would like to thank all involved.”

The improvements include:
• The relocation of the western section of the junction (Yew Tree Heath Road) 50 metres south of its existing junction on Beaulieu Road, creating a clearly defined ‘stagger’ to the existing crossroads layout.
• The removal of the ‘STOP’ line and signs, and replacement with standard ‘Give-Way’ signs and roadmarkings to suit the new road layout.
• The installation of a traditional ‘finger post’ at the new junction and refurbishment of the existing post.

1 Like