Victim of Fraud

it says Tesco Direct, Welwyn Garden.

Not read all the thread, but is there anyway you can log into Tesco direct and check “your own” order / delivery details?

It sounds a nightmare - had so many attempted frauds when living / working in Lagos - I ended up changing bank accounts after my bank got so fed up with all the attempts to defraud me/them - that they would only process payments made by me in person, with my passport in hand - kind of made banking difficult from 3000 miles away!

The WGC bit is probably a bit of a red herring as that’s where the head office of Tesco Direct is.

It’s hard to imagine why they would send stuff to a known address unless it’s to build up more evidence for plod???

Good luck with all this cack hun x

I’ve just caught up with this thread – sorry to hear about this SheWolf, what an absolute nightmare for you.

It’s of no great importance but if Tesco deliver to an address that is not the card registered address then I believe they are liable for the loss not their insurers – they shouldn’t do that too many times cos even at their size it’s gotta start hurting.

I hope this gets sorted for you, and quickly!

regarding the credit check - you dont need your card.

go to www.creditexpert.co.uk and request a free report. it shows all your credit past and present. its worth checking to make sure there is nothing untoward.

the onus is now on the banks to investigate it and pass the evidence to the police. it wont happen, the banks will write the money off. i had a credit card cloned after the first time i used it. bank was not interested, its too much hassle for them. the police wont investigate it as its too common!!

sorry to hear it tho, its a shitter. happened to me twice now, luckily both on credit cards which were refunded!

Thats weird, I’ve had the MSN thing too. Changed my password 2 days ago and at the mo its seems to be ok. Might just go and check my bank just to be on the safe side though.

Seems like quite a lot of people have been affected by the MSN thing, I have had quite a few emails sent by friends that clearly weren’t sent by them with all sort of dodgy looking links etc…

I had my bank account cleaned out a few months ago, by some thieving gits who cloned my card and withdrew from ATM’s in Mumbai, India.
The bank returned all the money to me, and refunded all the excess charges incurred but took about a month to sort out.
And the best bit…
Barclays card services and fraud department is operated from a call center in…

You guessed it Mumbai!!!:pinch:

Mmm, very sorry SW. What a reminder to us all. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: I reported it to the police last night so I think I’ve done all I can for now, have to leave it in the hands of the bank/Tesco to sort out.

Suitsyousir - even though creditexpert is free, they need your card details to a) verify you and b) charge you if you forget to cancel after the 30 day free trial. Hopefully my new card wont take too long to arrive so I can get onto my credit report asap.

Since Chip & Pin was introduced there’s been a surge in ‘Customer Not Present’ fraud, or mail order/e-commerce fraud.

It’s disturbing when find out that your card details have been ‘apparently’ been used to buy something as you might wonder for instance how they came by the 3 digit card verification code that’s on the read of the card. For that matter you might wonder how they came by the card number in the first place…

The bad news is that you can (and they do) generate card numbers, basically the first part of the card number defines the issuer 4929 is Barclaycard Visa for instance, and the remainder of the number is your account number. The only thing that defines the validity of this is a simple bit of maths called a ‘check digit’.

So it’s not hard to write a simple programme that generates Barclaycard numbers starting 4929, the second part of the puzzle is the expiry dates and the third part should be the Card Verification Code (the 3 digits on the back), these were specifically introduced to reduce ‘Customer Not Present’ fraud… Here’s the problem… Not all retailers submit the Card Verification code as part of their on-line approval.

I suspect Tesco is one of them because I had ‘Customer Not Present’ fraud that was linked to one of their stores. At first the Credit Card company said that the CVV had been provided as part of the transaction, this was partially true, what they didnt tell me was that it was the WRONG CVV and that Tesco hadn’t used it as part of the authorisation string. PayPal bizarrely made up the rest of the fraudulent transactions, as they’re effectively a cash equivalent I was surprised to see that their security might not be that good. I guess they’re relying on the other verification hoops they make you jump through.

In the end the card company coughed to it and admitted that the CVV wasn’t used, everything was refunded, but that’s hardly the point… One we all pay for it & two more often than not it’s used to fund some fairly unsavoury criminal activities.

The good news however is that the Tesco Direct transaction doesn’t within itself indicate that you’re in the midst of a full ID fraud scenario, it could just be a coincidence.

Well that’s it in a nutshell - if retailers don’t participate in security schemes, there’s not a lot you can do.

I had a call from one of my card providers this morning doing a fraud check. Right enough, someone had bought £30 of O2 top-up with my account (which went through) and then tried to buy £400 of stuff elsewhere (which was refused). Apparently the level of card detail asked for during these transactions was minimal, and this rang the alarm bell with the provider’s anti-fraud people.

Now, the decent on-line retailers ask for start and end dates and the verification number, and are hooked in to the Mastercard secondary verification, which asks for a password. Great. It’s just that I’d rather that the card provider made it compulsory rather than optional before a transaction went through, that’s all.

Hope it all gets put right for you, Sherrie.

I (briefly) worked at a call centre, the week before they had just sacked someone and got the police in because he was writing down peopels’ card details when they bought stuff, and selling the details to his mates. You might think you’re safe because you’re dealing with a big company, but at some point a person is going to be in control of that data and you can’t trust some people.

Sorry to hear about this Sherrie hope you get sorted hun Q

On the PCs where you use the software you mention, download and run Adaware and hijack this! if you haven’t already, to clean up if you don’t fancy a reformat. Although someone could easily have cracked an MSN password.

For free, AVG and spybot (or PC doctor) should be all the prevention you need.

yep my mistake sw - double checked it and need to cancel my free trial!! well reminded!!

I am reminded yet again why I have never liked the idea of MSN or ever used it. Too much info out of your control. Facebook is becoming embarrassing for some folk as well - once the drunken party pics are out there - they are out there for good.

FFS keep all this stuff on your own sites (where you can delete it!), not on some amorphous ‘server-farm’ you have no control over.

Damn! Double checked with my card provider this morning and found another £62 odd taken on Tuesday via choicesuk.com, CDs or DVDs or something. They’re ok about it being marked as fraudulent, but that’s not the point. One starts getting paranoid that it’s someone close… :frowning:

sorry to hear that 7wheel.

It seems to be a particularly common crime. Depressing for those of us that actually go to work and earn our money :angry:

Argh, waiting for this new card is doing my head in!! I can’t buy anything. I couldn’t even park in Westminster Tuesday because you can only pay by card and I had to cancel mine. Hope the new one gets here quickly.