Very nearly

Nay I was in Reading on it. Some copycat obviously.

Glad you and your pretty narna is cool Flat

Yup Foxy, stupid people running into the road are a big one. Had a close shave myself, check this out… The other night I’m coming home from work, 3:30am on a Saturday night, going up CXR between Shaftesbury Ave and TCR, and suddenly some muppet runs (!!) into the middle of the road straight into my path, and then just stands there (!!) and looks the other way (!!!).

Laid on the horn, idiot must have been deaf, screwed on the brake so hard I nearly lost the front wheel, moron jumped out of the way at the last second and I trundle towards a traffic island with a nice lamp post on in for a very long wobbly moment before regaining control and barely swerving out of the way… PHEW!! And all this not even at speed – we’re talking low 30’s here.

The lesson is: expect absolutely fucking ANYTHING, and keep your speed down… it’s tempting but anything over 35-40 in London even in the middle of the night and things just get way way waaay too hectic if anything unexpected happens right in front of you. And it will, especially on weekend nights. Stupid drunk people have no sense whatsoever.

Slow down around town people, and stay on guard at all times…