Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident

It all kicked off about an hour before I left work at Waterloo, atmosphere and traffic pretty mad. Did something happen at Vauxhall? Lots of police on the street there around 2300 too

Oh and WildBoy you’re a fucking hypocrite

It’s so yesterday to blame it on religion. Muslims are no more interested in dying or killing than non Muslim. Play the politics games more likely the cause.

Nutters.
My thoughts are with the victims

It's so yesterday to blame it on religion. Muslims are no more interested in dying or killing than non Muslim. Play the politics games more likely the cause. silveR6

I disagree.  Some people are committing these atrocities in the name of Islam.  Misguided or not, they are doing it in the name of the Muslim religion.

Typical british possibly Australian attitude

It all kicked off about an hour before I left work at Waterloo, atmosphere and traffic pretty mad. Did something happen at Vauxhall? Lots of police on the street there around 2300 too yourebarred
from what i remember watching the news last night; there was an incident at the same time in vauxhall, a general london knifing... and they thought it was linked, but turned out not to be.

i believe it was 8 minutes from attack to all attackers being shot dead.  Thats pretty incredible i’d say.  The armed response unit had no intel, they were just waved down to where it was happening by civilians and had to determine the attackers and act… No doubt there will be a load of questioning about the force used by the police as it was around 50 rounds shot.  But in my eyes and I’m sure many others, the force used was necessary, especially when the scum had fake suicide vests on.

It all kicked off about an hour before I left work at Waterloo, atmosphere and traffic pretty mad. Did something happen at Vauxhall? Lots of police on the street there around 2300 too yourebarred
from what i remember watching the news last night; there was an incident at the same time in vauxhall, a general london knifing... and they thought it was linked, but turned out not to be.
i believe it was 8 minutes from attack to all attackers being shot dead.  Thats pretty incredible i'd say.  The armed response unit had no intel, they were just waved down to where it was happening by civilians and had to determine the attackers and act... No doubt there will be a load of questioning about the force used by the police as it was around 50 rounds shot.  But in my eyes and I'm sure many others, the force used was necessary, especially when the scum had fake suicide vests on.
Michaels
Given the apparent suicide vests, I don't think anyone except some extreme individuals will be complaining about the force used.  

Yes 8 minutes is an incredible response time, however I would imagine they have been training very hard for that day never to come.

I feel it’s the easy route to blame a religion and expect ‘them’ to fix the issue. What can they realistically do if they are not encouraging this sort of behaviour themselves?

It's so yesterday to blame it on religion. Muslims are no more interested in dying or killing than non Muslim. Play the politics games more likely the cause. silveR6
I disagree.  Some people are committing these atrocities in the name of Islam.  Misguided or not, they are doing it in the name of the Muslim religion.
Aceman
Agree with Aceman.  There is a very clear responsibility for where the radicals are coming from .  It is from Islam that this is coming.  Yes, it is a "misinterpretation" of the surah's but it is Islam nevertheless.  Look what happens when a Christian priest refuses to marry gay people, huge outcry and the person is vilified for their faith.

I disagree.  Some people are committing these atrocities in the name of Islam.  Misguided or not, they are doing it in the name of the Muslim religion. Aceman
Agree with Aceman.  There is a very clear responsibility for where the radicals are coming from .  It is from Islam that this is coming.  Yes, it is a "misinterpretation" of the surah's but it is Islam nevertheless.  Look what happens when a Christian priest refuses to marry gay people, huge outcry and the person is vilified for their faith. makman
Yes, it is a "misinterpretation" of the surah's but it is Islam nevertheless

Not sure there’s a misrepresentation though…

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding.

• Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help"
  • Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified"
  • Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
  • Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah"
  • Hadith (9:4) - "Wherever you find infidels kill them; for whoever kills them shall have reward on the Day of Resurrection"
  • Hadith (19:4294) - "Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war"
  • Ibn Ishaq/Hisham (992) - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah"
  • Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"
  • Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone"
  • Ibn Ishaq/Hisham (990) - "Cutting off someone's head while shouting 'Allahu Akbar' is not a 'perverison of Islam', but a tradition of Islam that began with Muhammad.  In this passage, a companion recounts an episode in which he staged a surprise ambush on a settlement: "I leapt upon him and cut off his head and ran in the direction of the camp shouting 'Allah akbar' and my two companions did likewise"

This is not Islam, it is a particular sect, Wahhabism you can read more hear:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

The main areas of this sect are Saudi Arabia, and Qatar.  Some has tried to rise this and got shutdown by the current Home Security Amber Rudd:

What is galling, is that both Theresa May and Amber Rudd, are claiming that only they can provide the security measures required to prevent this.  This is total bollocks, as they have been both responsible for this for the last 6 years and have done nothing other than erode the Emergency Services, and our Armed Forces.  And they are now using this as a platform to further curtail the freedoms that we all enjoy.

Despicable individuals. 

I suspect that there are unsavoury passages in any holy book, the bible certainly has its fair share of mad stuff that could be used by a suitably twisted individual to justify their actions.

Blaming it on Islam seems pretty meaningless to me, it’s an abstract concept. The attacks were the fault of the deluded individuals who carried them out.

I suspect that there are unsavoury passages in any holy book, the bible certainly has its fair share of mad stuff that could be used by a suitably twisted individual to justify their actions.
Blaming it on Islam seems pretty meaningless to me, it's an abstract concept. The attacks were the fault of the deluded individuals who carried them out. monkimark

There’s a reason the vast majority of terrorist attacks are committed by Muslim deluded individuals. It’s down to the upbringing of a Muslim which is very strongly dictated by the Koran and the obeying parents. It’s definitive, it’s final, it cannot be changed, it must not be questioned and should be blindly followed. 

Islam “submission”

Muslim “one who submits to God”

Blaming it on Islam seems pretty meaningless to me, it's an abstract concept. The attacks were the fault of the deluded individuals who carried them out. monkimark

Any religious book is written by some body / people  who wants you to believe them

The bible has been altered over time so it reads want the christian church want you to believe

its called brainwashing

its no different to the  Quran, Torah & any other religious book

Lawliner, did you join the forum specifically to stir things up about Islam? 3 posts and two of them are in this thread.

I’m not going to enter a debate on the rights and wrongs of religion, I’ll just add my appreciation for all the emergency services who dealt with this attack so impressively and those who or are prepared to deal with similar incidents, often at great personal risk.

Lawliner, did you join the forum specifically to stir things up about Islam? monkimark
No, I'm just a biker engaging with forum conversation, same as you

This is very much like believing everyone with a tmax is a thief.
Ignorance is the root of all problems.

This is very much like believing everyone with a tmax is a thief. Ignorance is the root of all problems. silveR6
So is perception.....