Use of indicators when overtaking

Sorry, on the same subject. Most of us are oblivious to the errors we’re making every day. Learning better techniques through additional training actually only serves to ask more in depth thinking of you so you can strive further down that path. Hence you become an an advanced driver/rider bore…sorry! :blush:

Err yeh. Point taken.
I’ll get my coat :wink:

Tried this on the A13 last night, just to ensure that I wasn’t going mad.

Pulled into the left lane as my slip road was coming up, traffic stationary, and thought, hey lets try it. The A13 is a well lit road, but the part I was on was quite dark.

Looked in my mirror, just watching and could not see much but headlights. Then noticed that one of those headlights was moving differently, realised it was a bike filtering.

Took a long look in my mirrors, which I could just not afford to do if I was filtering myself or overtaking, to recognise that this particular headlight in the sea of headlights was a bike.

To add to this woefully boring tale, a number of incidents this morning on the way to work, in the light.

First was a huge lorry running a red light so badly that it nearly hit traffic, including me, coming out of the Limehouse Link (traffic coming in from the A13 on the right).

Second was an idiot on a cycle coming out of traffic at a right angle, and not bothering to do a shoulder check.

Third was a lorry indicating, and then changing lane, and then changing his mind and not bothering to indicate and just jerking back into the lane he had just left.

Fourth was a people carrier in the Limehouse Link, changing lanes without indicating or looking.

Fifth was a car doing the same, but stopping halfway because that was when he decided to look and saw that I was there.

Should have had a camera on, the Friday morning montage would have been interesting.

Usual commute then kaos :wink:

Regarding the last one with the car. Hooting on the approach to gaps that someone may move to plus consider some headlight normally sorts this. Using loads of headlight when filtering works for me anyway.

Blackheath again & following a car doing 25. Reason being he was following an old bill van.
Did an overtake of the car (with indicator) & upon seeing me in his mirror, old bill moved right over to the left to allow me to pass without crossing the white line.
What a nice man :smiley:
(Cheers to whoever noded at me at the teahut btw. Sorry I did nod back)

No they weren’t, they’re here:
http://ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?433-The-Thin-Black-Line

Gile’s threads are 11-14 threads from the top:

The particular thread was this:

http://ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?249644-Urban-Riding

The author, Giles says:
“A lot of our riding plans, urban or rural, are based on ‘what can you see, what can’t you see what might you reasonably expect to develop’. In town your biggest risk of an accident comes from things you can’t see; hidden junctions, traffic you haven’t seen, unexpected manouvers from cars who haven’t seen you”

Or in niteowls case, the rider coming the other way.