Upcoming Feature List

Well done Jay, great stuff.

Whoah!

Nice job Jay

Looking good Jay

A great user experience!  (The beta test link didn’t work though)

Thanks guys! Time well spent I think.

ha! so the logo has only disappeared from my mobile, i can see it on the laptop.  

We have to use a smaller variant of the logo on small mobile devices due to space constraints, but it’s all from the same logo :slight_smile:

Looks like the page doesnt resize past a certain point …creating alot of white space on the left and right? I am using a widescreen monitor

Attachments

not much to be gained by stretching it out further apart from massive topic titles

not true… you can wrap around less text so show more posts on one ‘page’

It’s meant to be like that.

Feature not a bug then :+1::wink:

Jay: I added “.content-frame .mt20 { margin-left60px;}” to the stylesheet and in my view the posts look much nicer, when the text is aligned with the username and time/quote line. What do you think:

Attachments

No point complaining if everyone else likes it, although Joby’s version is a huge improvement.  Personally I would recommend leaving it as it is though, as I have configured my own stylesheet to make it actually usable to me and I do not want to have to go through all that again.

Anyway there is some kind of FOOC on page load where the icons in the top right appear aligned to the bottom of the blue bar before jumping up into a vertically centred position.

Attachments

Links are spreading across page

Attachments

Thanks Tim. I’ll look into it.

Given scootinstevey’s mispost, I will offer some UI feedback.

The ‘new post’ button is ambiguous and too dominant.  This is not a problem to regular posters who just carry on as before and ignore it, but to occasional posters and new members this could be confusing.

A reply is a form of post.  So to anyone reading a thread the very large and visually dominant ‘new post’ button stand outs as a possible method of replying to the thread.  Even with having a reply box at the bottom of the page, the most popular forum software offer both this and a separate reply button so to anyone familiar with forums this will dual approach would not seem incongruous.

My main suggestion would be to relabel it as ‘new topic’ so it is no longer ambiguous to its meaning.

Further though, I would also remove it from the topic pages and have it only visible on the index ones.  I doubt there are many occasions when someone will be in the middle of reading a thread when they want to start a new one.  And even then, going back to the index page to do so is not a significant burden.

The visual dominance of the button, although I find it distracting, is at least appropriate on index pages where it is the primary activity along with reading threads.  On a topic page, though, starting a new topic is not a main activity, making its dominant appearance inappropriate here where the primary actions are presented subtly.  The reply box being at the bottom of the page means people could see the thread has ended and stop scrolling before reaching the ‘Write your reply…’ label.  Whilst the ‘quote’ links do not look like links or buttons, and to an unfamilair user do not stand out as being an action rather than information.

Back seat driver! :joy::rofl::innocent:

Scootinstevey already got hit by this.

Got to love it folk :kissing_closed_eyes: always helpful

Attachments

Some constructive points in there, thanks Michael and banman.

The top navigation bar is something that needs a little more tweaking to finesse I think. No doubt you’ll see some changes shortly :slight_smile: