Universal Tyres - Greenwich

Praise!

Puncture on the way home today.  Popped into Universal Tyres as they were my closest tyre centre.  Had to have a new tyre fitted, but that tried to plug it first and tested it to see if it would hold air.

Best thing was that they were happy to give me the only tyre in stock that would fit which was an order for someone in two days as they would just order it again to ensure stock for that customer.  Very nice of them.

Good cheerful service and with a smile. Price was decent as well, £126 for a Bridgestone 023 fitted (Rear).

Universal Tyres Colchester branch have been my preferred tyre supplier since the going of Essential Rubber.

Bridgestone 120/70 ZR17 BT-023 fitted to loose wheel last April £99.00

Bridgestone 160/60 ZR17 BT0-23 fitted to loose wheel last September £110.00

Excellent prices those. I’m paying the London Premium tax by the looks of it.  Not complaining.  Chicken strips are almost gone in 35 miles of riding.  Just need some dry weather now.

He’s not paying the labour for removing the wheels.

aha! I really should read more carefully!

+£18.00 per wheel if you want the ride in ride out service.

Universal Tyres Colchester branch have been my preferred tyre supplier since the going of Essential Rubber.
Bridgestone 120/70 ZR17 BT-023 fitted to loose wheel last April £99.00
Bridgestone 160/60 ZR17 BT0-23 fitted to loose wheel last September £110.00
National Treasure
IIRC the owner was Mick? Does anyone know what happened to him?  I did use Essential several times, it was sad to see them go.

I was at Mick’s leaving party at Essential Rubber.  I’d been a customer of his since 2000, when I turned up with a puncture, as he was closing.  He sorted me out quickly, and didn’t even want to charge me for the repair.  Since then, he won my custom until he closed the business.  I blagged about how good he was and brought quite a few new customers to him.  

Bridgestone 120/70 ZR17 BT-023
Bridgestone 180/55 ZR17 BT023
Fitted last week at FWR £230