ULEZ: new bike

@ShaunC TfL took about 6 weeks to reply, i think they do these things in batches because I made 2 enquiries about a month apart and both answers came through at the same time.

1 Like

Fyi, I just received good news from TFL that my bike is ULEZ compliant.

Good news, prompted me to check the ULEZ vehicle checker at
Check your Vehicle

and The 250…

My 06 cbr 600rr is still subject to the charge,effing jokers
Shaun c does yours state not subject now when you use the weblink or have you just got a letter with confirmation

I just checked my 09 600RR and it’s not subject to the charge. They must have made some engine changes since 06.

Not necessarily. Your 2009 motorcycle will be seen as compliant because it was registered after July 2007 which means it must meet the Euro 3 standard and therefore be ULEZ compliant.

Motorcycles registered before July 2007 will also be ULEZ compliant if they meet the Euro 3 standard. However TfL have placed the onus on the registered keeper to provide the proof. So those who have motorcycles that meet the Euro 3 standard but are registered before July 2007 need to obtain a Certificate of Conformity from the manufacturer and send a copy together with a copy of the V5 to TfL.

TfL will then, assuming the motorcycle meets the Euro 3 standard, confirm ULEZ compliance and (eventually) add the registration number to its database.

The website still says I’m not compliant but I got a letter from TFL. Tbh I think it’s going to be reg specific (annoying) so you should get yours submitted too.

I really think they don’t know what there doing…:joy::joy::joy:this will open up a right can of worms…lol

The ULEZ will be enforced based on the declared emissions of the vehicle rather than the age. However TfL are placing the onus of proof of compliance to the Euro 3 emission standard on the registered keeper.

TfL work this in batches and since it doesn’t get enforced until April 2019 there’s no need to panic. If you’ve received the letter you’ll eventually be added to the exemption database just as I was.

links
https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/certificate-conformity.html

Ah nt my bike is an 06 model but late regisration so it’s on a 07 plate,as said I don’t think they have a clue what they are doing ,who they are charging or what they are charging for.so in my case exemption cannot be flagged by the plate or mine would be coming up clear.
Have sent them a message through your link ,asking some awkward questions.
And to complicate things more I am out the country till at least 24 April ,so cannot get details to fill in conformotory form​:joy::joy::joy::joy:
How silly of me to think government here to help us…lol
What about my 1998 plate hornet :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Or maybe they’re a little smarter than we give them credit in recognising that an 07 registered mo’cycle is in fact an 06 model. TfL have stated all along that ULEZ will be enforced based on the declared emissions of the vehicle not the age.

My assumption is that the declaration can be made by way of an appeals process where incorrectly ticketed Euro 3 mo’cycles can have the charge cancelled and the registration number added to the exempt vehicles database.

Have you asked TfL what criteria is used to differentiate between compliant and non-compliant vehicles?

I have asked why they haven’t updated there database when they know certain models are compliant and why are they still trying enforce the charge on models that they themselves have confirmed are compliant to various other owners…obviously if 1 06 model is compliant then all 06 models are compliant.

I’m no IT guru but I’d expect it’s because they just took the easy option to flag registration numbers

I am an IT guru, but expect the choice was made to maximise revenue.

@commuter-boy Looks promising!

“If someone else has already proved to TfL that your model meets the emissions standards, then you are already exempt. If not, you’ll need to do a little leg work.”

:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:they probably getting overloaded with queries and questions now​:+1::+1::+1:thanks for getting me exempt.

@ShaunC well spotted, I stand corrected.

@commuter-boy have you checked the ULEZ vehicle checker and had confirmation it works as reported by MCN?

Checked it 2 days ago and I’m still not compliant,got a reply back from them today it didn’t really answer my questions just said you need the conformity form ,so I have send them the questions below again
Hello
Thanks for your reply although it is a bit of a short reply and does not really address the questions I have asked…so again.
I know people with the same model of bike as mine who have already sent you the conformity form proving nox is below what is required and you have acknowledged and confirmed this in writing to these owners.
So my questions are
1…why have you not updated your data base to show this model of bike is compliant.
2…do you plan to update your d@ta base of all models that other owners have verified to you that are confirmed compliant.
3…are you trying to generate extra revenue by not updating your data base when you are fully aware that certain motorbikes are compliant and have been verified by yourself.
I cannot beleive that you may require everyone indivually to go through the steps to get a conformotiry form approved and sent to you when you already have confirmed tand know 100% that these bikes conform.
And my final question is do you really know what you are actually doing and are you doing it fairly.
Thank you.

Check out my spelling mistakes…lol

BE WARNED

I just checked the ULEZ checker with two 2006 registered Silver Honda CBF1000 A-6 models and guess what?

One comes back as not meeting the ULEZ standard while the other (mine) comes back as meeting the ULEZ standards

Too much time here…

I’ve now checked six CBF1000’s from 2006 to 2010 and all (except mine) come back as not meeting the ULEZ standard.