UK new bike sales down in nearly every type compared to last year

Are they surprised? who wants to buy a new bike when it’s just going to get nicked anyway? 

No automatic alt text available.

An article from this year, I am impressed!

wtf?  Why have they put Scooters in with motorcycles instead of Mopeds?   Should reassign Harleys whilst they’re at it.  :slight_smile:

compare the figures over ten years 

a drop over one year is hardly a way to gauge the market 

motorbike sales in 2008/9 went down like a lead balloon 

Highest registering model this month 665 CRF1000’s !

Maybe I’ll keep The 250 until a few well looked after low mileage examples hit the second hand market place :wink:

Largest  percentage drop in sales is the 3 groups from 0 cc to 650 cc is a total of 50%  Which are probably the same groups that are mostly stolen. So they are either getting stolen rather than being bought. or as me groovy states new buyers being put off because their  proposed pride and joy has a very high risk of being stolen. It is quite a good thing for  those already in to riding bikes that sales are decreasing as it may just get the manufacturers to up their game in security of bike for the future.

So more than twice as many Africa Twins are being sold than BMW R1200GS ?

I think I’ve only seen two since they came out.

Come over here… in Sussex. They’re everywhere (well not quite but I see one every couple of weeks at least and it’s not the same one)

Largest  percentage drop in sales is the 3 groups from 0 cc to 650 cc is a total of 50%  Which are probably the same groups that are mostly stolen. So they are either getting stolen rather than being bought. or as me groovy states new buyers being put off because their  proposed pride and joy has a very high risk of being stolen. It is quite a good thing for  those already in to riding bikes that sales are decreasing as it may just get the manufacturers to up their game in security of bike for the future.
B11rger
a lot of 600cc bikes got dropped because of the new emission requirements  

New car sales are significantly lower too, so I doubt theft is the main reason for it.

Come on nobody has mentioned BREXIT !

Come on nobody has mentioned BREXIT !
Rusty99
Oh dear, you just broke it!  :)

Everybody is just waiting until 2019 - Bozza & Nige have promised that we’ll then have an extra £350,000,000 a week to spend on bikes. :sunglasses: