tyre prices

Looking to get new rubber, quoted tyre price  plus 30 quid per wheel…is that normal, seems a little high to me, anyone got any recommendations, London cental. North, West .

lol another tyre thread.

Who, what tires, etc. for comparison I paid £235 for a pair of Mitchelin PR4’s all in…

Do Halfords do tyres ?

That’s about normal for a wheel that’s still on the bike. £15-£20’s normal for loose wheels.

OK, cheers for the info, I’ll bite the bullit.

Maybe I’m missing something but don’t they quote a fitted price? 30 quid a wheel equals 60 for the bike. Given that it should take less than an hour, that’'s quite a bit, is it not? Maybe I’m out of touch though with prices and that’s the fair price as brs says. I guess it will all also depend on how good his price is for the tyres

£225-£250 is about how much any pair of tyre + fitting has cost me in the past. (mostly at FWR btw fyi) 

Do Halfords do tyres ? Abzero
£30 tyres debate incoming...

Last year I paid

£102 160/60 ZR17 Bridgestone BT23 fitted to lose wheel

£84 120/70 ZR17 Bridgestone BT23 fitted to lose wheel

Universal Tyres

For Central would recommend FWR for tyres and changing they good guys North Scorch has been known to also do tyres or if you want some back alley merchant then google is your friend ;) 

Guessing OP has purchased his own tyres?

Last year I paid

£102 160/60 ZR17 Bridgestone BT23 fitted to lose wheel

£84 120/70 ZR17 Bridgestone BT23 fitted to lose wheel

Universal Tyres

National Treasure
Hope you didn't pay for the lost wheels :-)

It was OK, they found them again

FWR all the way. Great prices and very quick. Usually no appotment needed, just roll in. Bob Collins is the main guy there( ex Bsb superstock champion) so he know what he’s talking about.