Tyre Choice

So as I was off the bikes for a few years it has been a while since I needed a new set.

I have an SV 650 SK9

Given Michelin are currently running a promo, what would peoples suggestions be for replacement tyres?

So as I was off the bikes for a few years it has been a while since I needed a new set.

I have an SV 650 SK9

Given Michelin are currently running a promo, what would peoples suggestions be for replacement tyres?

The Sleeper
for commuting PR3

I have pilot road 3s, which I like. The pilot Road 4s are in the offer, which should make them about the same price as the 3s - they must be better too because they’re one number higher…

I have pilot road 3s, which I like. The pilot Road 4s are in the offer, which should make them about the same price as the 3s - they must be better too because they're one number higher... monkimark
I did try PR4 but couldn't get on with them so went back to PR3

Oh no another tyre thread lol !

It’s like anal sex you either love it or hate it, but I love PR4’s so I’ve t’d myself up for some lovin teheheheeee

I’ve got PR4 on my SV650. Done over 7k commuting miles on them and there is still thread left for few thousand probably. 

Had Michelin Power Pilot 2CT before and those lasted way less, replaced them at around 6k and they were not that great in the wet.

Here’s my tuppence worth https://londonbikers.com/forums/posts/1085722/praise-protyre-enfield

I've got PR4 on my SV650. Done over 7k commuting miles on them and there is still thread left for few thousand probably. 

Had Michelin Power Pilot 2CT before and those lasted way less, replaced them at around 6k and they were not that great in the wet.

nails
thanks nails, thats actually really useful as my current ones (albeit worn) I have no faith in the rain with.

It’s like anal sex you either love it or hate it, but I love PR4’s so I’ve t’d myself up for some lovin teheheheeee

Rusty99
Whahahaha! your a bit early on the tiple!

Rusty99
Whahahaha! your a bit early on the tiple! KTMJames
Don't drink.....think of another excuse 

Lack of oxygen

I want some Metzler M7RR for the blue one, when/if it comes out again.

The 250 gets around fine on Bridgestone’s Battlax BT0-23 touring tyres

Fixed

brains_t
If only you had some ;)

Saw these earlier. Great in the wet. Incredible stability. Very fast turning … If you can get them over… My next choice definitely.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

You realy want me to comment lol

apparently, some people seriously think its a really good idea for commuting.

is that a car tyre? 

Until I see some proper data that supports its a good idea, I’m going to stay well clear of sth like that :slight_smile:

My back tyre looks like that after a weeks commuting on motorways :grin:

Why buy a sports bike of your going to do that to it?

Anyway back to the original point. I love my PR3’s but I am keen to see how the new Bridgestone Battlaxes perform. They seem to be getting very popular.