Two Way Radio (PMR) advice for use on bike

Hello all,

I’m planning a trip to France (in cars) with some friends and thought it would be nice to get a couple of two way radios so we can talk to each other on the way down. However, if I’m going to spend the money I’d like to get something that I can use for bike to bike comms too. Does anyone on here have any recommendations of what to get or what to avoid.

TIA

technically speaking, I believe anything that accepts a headset will work fine. as far as I know the Cobra or Midland brands are ok.

If you’re going to be riding close together and range isn’t an issue, the Midland G6, G7 radios are good.

If you want something better then look at the Kenwood TK-3201

I use Midland G7’s and the Kenwood for work through an autocom hub and have never had any problems with them.

Midland have got some new bluetooth enabled radio too, but I don’t know anything about them…

Thanks guys. I’ve found some offers on the Midland radios, the Kenwood is a bit more than I want to spend and probably more than I need. Any views on Binatone, they seem to feature quite a bit in the market?

I have the midlands and they work fine

Sound quality on Midlands is good compared with cheaper alternatives. A certain site in ZA will show you how to remove the power restriction that limits range. That would be illegal in EU though.