TVB in the house!!!!!

Newbie to Londonbikers first post with one boring picture of my bike, isn’t she a beauty? (I like them dirty by the way)

Not sure what else to say, apart from the fact I have no biker friends, have never gone on a ride out or meet up…also I have been told I do not use my indicators (unless visibility is low or only if there is another biker behind me)

Wanted a bike from the age of ten, mum said no…so I waited till I bought my own place so I had somewhere to sleep if she decided to kick me out once I bought one.

Decided to visit her with Kawi (name of my bike) and the first question she asks, what is that? I replied a dream I turned into a reality. Second question, how much did it cost? Third question, do you have insurance…and finally the 101 question…can I go on it?

So many questions…

Been riding since last year October and I still got a lot to learn, based in East London.

I am an arty farty guy so if you need someone to capture your love for bikes send me a message?

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

Hey welcome to London Bikers we love newbies.

I’m actually on one of those as a loaner at the moment. How do you get on with yours?

You should come to one of the Borough Market meets an introduce yourself.

And finally! if you’re offering photos, please arrange an orderly queue behind me (well when I get my SV back)

welcome to LB, rideouts happen every weekend but the meet at Borough Market on a Wednesday evening is usually the best place to introduce yourself in person

Welcome!

Welcome and thanks for the great introduction! Nice bike you’ve got there! You should join some of the rideouts people are organising here weekly, will give you an opportunity to gain some biker friends :slight_smile:

@The Sleeper ,

I make a decision where to ride and just go. Usually somewhere I
know so I do not get lost but one time I did which was interesting. Got back not
using my sat nav but these things called road directions lol

I will checkout Borough market one day.

Let me know when you get your SV back and we’ll arrange
something!

@me_groovy

Lol, yesterday evening I was bored at home playing xbox so I
missed the meet up. Boooo, next week maybe? Thanks for the information

@nivag

Many thanks

@Cypher

I always wanted a gsx, might be an upgrade but we’ll see? A few
people I have spoken say get a Honda CBR 600rr. First I need to get a new pair
of trousers and a helmet before I think about upgrading.

I am a bit anxious turning up at a ride out! Here I come
all by myself and people wondering who is this guy? He must be lost? I park up
alone…looking at the group thinking should I say hello first or not?

Welcome. Nice bike mate.

As for turning up on a rideout I think most of us have been there. Just show up and introduce yourself. We’re a fairly friendly bunch.

It is customary to crash the first time you join someone’s rideout… well not sure if it’s customary but it’s what I did, all in the spirit of building rapport through shared stories with everyone :slight_smile:

My advice… look for soft mud and grass over gravel and tarmac. A nice hedge leading to a garden can always use a small hole for easy access. You’ll be offering residents a service.

I am a bit anxious turning up at a ride out! Here I come all by myself and people wondering who is this guy? He must be lost? I park up alone...looking at the group thinking should I say hello first or not? TheVisualBiker
Don't even worry about that. I was the partially the same, thinking I don't know these people and they don't know me but little by little I started talking to a few and now if I go for rideouts (happens too rarely unfortunately) I already have people I can greet and they usually remember me :D

Everyone’s very friendly on this forum (in real life) so just show up and say hi!

Welcome. Nice bike mate.

As for turning up on a rideout I think most of us have been there. Just show up and introduce yourself. We’re a fairly friendly bunch.

Changyammi
Thanks for the advice, I will take that in mind!!
It is customary to crash the first time you join someone's rideout.... well not sure if it's customary but it's what I did, all in the spirit of building rapport through shared stories with everyone :)

My advice… look for soft mud and grass over gravel and tarmac. A nice hedge leading to a garden can always use a small hole for easy access. You’ll be offering residents a service.

Serrisan
LOL, not sure what kind of ride out you went on? I have already had my first crash and my experience from that has gone up twice as much. Learnt a lot, do not train and ride home miles away without eating or drinking. I know my limits so knees to the ground ride outs are not for me.....YET! 

I am on Instagram so checkout the crap I have been through, just type my name and you will find me.

Wekcome TVB. Serrisan crashed on his first sedate rideout led by an old couple two-up. However that is not obligatory

I beg to disagree… crashing on first ride out builds character. 

I also crashed on my first TimR ride out… you remember the slow, 125 friendly one? Although I still blame a certain South African’s bladder for that :smiley:

Welcome to the mad house, ignore the nazi safety brigade and remember that there is very good riders (not me though) that you don’t need to impress on the next LB ride out, you’ve come to the right place.

Welcome to LB, I crashed while out on my own, been on a few Jetstream rides and all have been excellent. safety in numbers me thinks :grinning:

Welcome to the mad house, ignore the nazi safety brigade and remember that there is (ARE!!!) very good riders (not me though) that you don't need to impress on the next LB ride out, you've come to the right place. WildBoy
You forgot the nazi grammar brigade....  :D

I’ve crashed on a rideout too but it was one of the fast paced dunstable starting ones and I was trying to catch up Ang