Tuesday 5th June Learner friendly and new to bigger bikes ride out

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1:{behavior:url(#ieooui) } / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:“Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:“Times New Roman”; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}Tuesday 5th June 2012

Learner friendly and new to bigger bikes ride out, around 8 hours/100-150 miles, depending on your start point. If anybody wants to meet up at the Ace and make your own way round the A406 to the High Beech tea hut, it’s about a 45 minute run, otherwise meet at …

10.00 am Blackheath Tea Hut Shooters Hill/Goffers Road, London SE3 0UA, leaving at 10.15 am sharp or,

10.45am High Beech Tea Hut Cross Roads, Loughton IG10 4HR, leaving at 11.00 am sharp for an 11.05 am P stop at the public facilities in the car park next to The Kings Oak Hotel. High Beach Epping Forest, Loughton IG10 4AE, although I’m not expecting Jamie to attend, then on to …

Finchingfield, returning to The Kings Oak via Steeple Bumpstead and Saffron Walden.

This will be a non-motorway moderate paced ride out using the corner man system with the occasional re-grouping stop if required. Check your top boxes, tyre pressures and oil levels and arrive with a roadworthy bike, a full tank, an empty bladder and sufficient funds to cover fuel, lunch,tea, coffee, ice creams etc. Packed lunches, water bottles and thermos flasks optional. No knobbers, no boy racers, no girl racers, no white line overtakers, no late brakers, no blind bend overtakers, no cats, no dogs, no sheep. Everyone else, BushcraftBarney and george.b, welcome.

If you’re unfamiliar with the corner man system then read the explanatory thread inter webby linky wotsit here

I’m a sheep racer. Does that mean I’m allowed? I will most probably go even though I will do the same route on Saturday. Well at least I’ll know what’s coming :slight_smile:

sheep racers welcome …

Just don’t run them down :wink:

(sorry Mark)

@george.b - If you go on this ride you’ll be in very safe hands with Art. Top bloke.

Damn it! Sounds like a perfect first group ride, but I have to be at work for 4 in Bloomsbury! and it would be a shame to have to skip off early. Next time maybe. Thanks for sorting though Art.

see u guys tuesday.

id like to meet some at blackheath as im not too sure on the directions

thanks

You can peel off whenever you like and jump on the motorway to work. Just let Art and the tailgunner know your peeling off.

Might be up for a little Jubilee bimble…and haven’t been to Finchingfield for ages! Will you posted…all really depends on when I’m on bbq duty and I’m yet to be told :smiley:

Exactly the same reaon I can’t commit!

@Any one going to be on scooters on this day?

I’m definitely gonna be in Blackheath at 10.

hmm, quite possibly…

Yay, I’m in.

And I’ll be on my scooter :stuck_out_tongue:

I might come along for this one Art, test out the handling on the new bike. I know the route well and happy to play tailgunner if you need someone.

Or I could lead the ride out, if you don’t mind the odd u-turn and me giving up halfway there cause I got lost and asking you to take over cause you have a Sat Nav! :smiley:

Whoop whoop… You finally committed to it :slight_smile:

Good luck Art, we`ll be thinking of you. :slight_smile:

You need more commitment …

We could fill those panniers with packed lunches, water bottles, thermos flasks and the like to test the handling and stability under load :hehe:

The original idea was to give Art junior a run out on his CG125, he’s home from Uni this Friday. I think he’s now getting cold feet over the mileage :w00t:

Probably gets it from his Mother :Whistling:

Just tell him your only going round the block and don’t give him a sat nav :slight_smile:

Looks like I might be able to make this one too :stuck_out_tongue: