Trying to get this in the press

It’s okay according to his FB page he’s found it.

He did say ‘Hey’ at the start of his post…

He has just posted this on FB: “Apparently the vespa write off : ( But on the plus side when they crashed it they injured themselves! Every cloud.”

My point is that forums have been around for a long time. Protocol is well known. If you are a stranger asking for help you don’t make your second comment an insult when no one is insulting you ( even if you beleive the point is not valid).

It’s a bit like approaching a group of strangers sitting together in a pub and asking for a hand jump starting your bike. If one of them says “You could introduce yourself first” you don’t say “**** you then”.

Really ? if i see him im gonna punch him in the face i mean how very dare he :ermm:

:laugh:

If I was approaching a group of strangers to ask for a hand starting my bike I’d start with"Excuse me gents, you couldn’t give me a hand could you?" not “Hello. I’ve been riding my latest bike for just over 14 months but before that I had a ex courier bike which gave up the ghost and then was ironically enough nicked from outside my house. Anyway, you couldn’t give me a hand could you?”

A request for help is enough for the majority of people on here not for those who want a lovely little club all of their own. Plenty of people use this forum in a much more casual way than those who meet up regularly - doesn’t mean anything one way or the other. I resent everyone being grouped into the actions of a minority of vocal users.

My argument is patently not about how the OP reacted in his second post, it’s not helpful to refer to that. It’s a given he had a poor reaction.

You know I first read it as “approaching a group of stranger’s and asking for a hand job” and thought, yeah I would punch him in the face. Then I re-read it and realised my error, however I would of still smacked him one. :smiley:

There’s a few flaws to this post…

1. It’s a fecking Vespa… How can it be stunning???
  2. You had it 3weeks - it couldn’t have ment that much as its a Vespa and you should have realised your error by day1!!!
  3. Bring bike theft to the attention of many people… It’s not a fecking bike - it’s a scooter… & a shite one at that - plus why would you get an orange one??
  4. Limited edition… Vespa super sport (correct spelling) what the feck is sporty about a Vespa??? The salesman got you good and proper!!!

:Whistling::D:D

Only messing, hope you find it… And then buy a decent bike with the insurance payout!!!:w00t:

Orange vespa sports bike :smiley:

Nothing changes on here does it. :slight_smile: All the big men on there big bikes picking on a young lad who only has a Scooter. :slight_smile:

Horses for courses TJ

I’ve seen big men on scooters :wink:

*had

:smiley:

I think we were harsh on him. he didn’t come here to make friends, he came to try and find his bike. We refused because he didn’t establish a rapport with our members first. He probably went to a whole bunch of forums, hard to see him having time to stop and drink tea and biscuits on each one, after all, he had just had his pride and joy stolen. If a woman runs up to me in the street, begging me to help find her lost toddler, I’m not going to waste her time with etiquette and pleasantries prior to taking on the search.
Well done that man for not simply sulking at home and muttering about ineffectual policing. I hope he had it returned.

And what do you ride Dreamerboy?

This was 2 years ago!!!

But nothing changes does it :Whistling:

Mind you his attitude was horrendous :laugh:

Turns out he only owned the scooter for 4 weeks before it was stolen and it turned up 2 days later after crashing into a police dog unit by two undesirables!!!

Oh and he didn’t get to 700 likes for his page :smiley:

He has a new scooter now though.

Where was I that i missed this first time around ?!?!

i ride a bicycle but i dont calim it to be a motorbike :smiley:

Post reserections are the best:D

Still a fooking Vespa! :w00t:

R1? Gay.