True ?

What the hell is this stuff !!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/289485/binary_explosive_new_terrorist_threat_scary_stuff/

does it have anything to do with me?..

No…you create ya own in ya “pants” after all that Spicy Camel and Chillied Dogz Nutz you lot eat !

OMHG !!!

Imagine cigarette with this stuff attached…

Frankly, I think that video is a set up. Binary explosives are surely nothing new (anyone remember dropping sodium into a bowl of water in chemistry lessons?), but if you watch that video, the explosion is a bit… um… Paul Daniels…

The only thing I remember dropping at Skool was a few “Blues” …

Herrrr um…and Black Bombers, Chunnel, Artain, Tamarzies, the Odd Tab, A Spliff to calm ya down and then a few lines on a Friday !!

All Supplied by a Teacher of course…who happened to be a Police Officer !!!

Now there a thread to be getting on with !!

I did really well in me exams…I slept through the whole lot and leaved skool with honours…

At 35 !!!

LOL - memories, or lack of them…

Anyway, this tickled my curiosity, so I had a look at the video again. I’m SURE its a fake. Look at the explosion: the energy flash is centred on the wrong side of the melon for it to have originated from the supposed device. Also look at the background: as the fuse is lit, the sky is late in the day, but bright. After the explosion, the sky has a definite tinge of sunset. Could be due to the amount of smoke… but I doubt it.

The clincher is the quoted detonation velocity: 4297.6m/s to 6553.2m/s. TATP (used by the ‘shoe bomber’… and we all know how well that worked ) has a similar detonation velocity: 5,300 m/s. And you’d need a lot more than something the size of matchhead to ‘vapourise’ a melon.

Makes me think all that malarkey about shutting down airports and stopping passengers taking drinks onboard was bull****. Looking around briefly for real-life binaries, it seems that the scenario of someone mixing up two chemicals in the 747 lav is unlikely. You need just about a litre of fluid to do some real damage (PLX - a binary explosive thats been around since ww2) and mixing binaries doesn’t seem to be something you can do whilst pretending to have a dump.

Methylbenzene reacted with HNO3, H2SO4, @ 20C, remove H2O production ==>

2-Methyl-1,3,5-trinitrobenzene, also known as TNT (detonation velocity 6940 m/s).

Terrorists unite, let anarchy reign!

Or just read a chemistry book…