Triumph warranty, dealer servicing

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows if you really do need to have service intervals adhered to on a new bike (i.e get the services done at the right time at a Triumph dealer) or can I do them myself with the right parts, keep the receipts and have a valid warranty?

I’d be much happier knowing that the work is done right, than paying through the nose for half-arsed stuff…

Think you need a garage which is vat reg. to stamp the service book.

I thint it varies - I just get the local garage to stamp the service book with my Triumph after they’ve serviced it. I don’t think you necessarily need to go to a Triumph dealer - but do check the paperwork thoroughly and the conditions of the warranty. It will probably say somewhere in the small print - or call the dealership where you bought it. If I were you I’d make double sure before you start servicing, as if something did go wrong they might then say the warranty was invalid.

Triumph like you to get the work done at a triumph dealers because it can invalidate your warranty

Kulj is on the money. The new EU laws say it has to be taken to a VAT registered garage and the technician working on it has to be, in your case, Triumph qualified technician. You must only use genuine Triumph parts or Triumph recommended parts (check your manual for those).

The problem you may face is that all Triumph qualified technicians work for Triumph. Having said that I know of people who haven’t had a Triumph qualified technician work on their bike and still had the warranty work done on it. VAT registered and Triumph recommended parts (proved with receipts) are the main criteria.

I’m more inclined to the ‘Jetstream approach’ to servicing except I do it myself.

I’ll often skip the pre ride checks and the odd 500 mile check. I change the oil and filter as recommended at 6,000 mile intervals, together with the other recommended checks and adjustments. It’s my opinion so long as you follow the manufacturers servicing schedule and apply a little common sense you’ll not go far wrong and, save yourself a substantial wedge of hard earned.

If you find yourself outside of your comfort zone there’s always places like the OMC to fall back on. If the worst comes to the worst I’d probably look for a Cat C/B write off to use as a donor.

@Art I do believe Davori is trying to keep his new bikes warranty valid for it’s duration… :slight_smile:

After that, I believe it sounds like he’ll be doing the work himself…

And yes, VAT registered Triumph tech… The warranty is just another insurance policy. And you know insurance companies will find any reason on to pay out… :stuck_out_tongue: