Triumph Speed Twin

I just discovered the Triumph Speed Twin (I know) and thought, that looks nice for cruising around Europe/UK on! Then watched some reviews and they all said it handles great, it’s fab and has loads of torque. So I went to the Triumph website and spec’d my own:

They don’t make panniers of their own but others do, some in-keeping with the retro vibe with wax finishes and others more modern and can probably carry more (I like panniers, enables roadtrips, work trips, etc).

Spec:

• WAXED COTTON TANK BAG - OLIVE - £167.00
  • HEATED GRIP KIT - £197.00
  • QUILTED SEAT - BROWN - £255.00
  • AUXILIARY POWER SOCKET - £27.50
  • CNC MACHINED FORK PROTECTORS - £43.00
  • KNEE PADS - £61.00
  • MACHINED LEVER KIT - RADIAL - £167.00
  • BLACK CLUTCH BADGE - £38.00
  • BLACK ACG BADGE - £27.50
  • BLACK INTAKE COVERS - £36.00
  • CNC MACHINED FRONT RESERVOIR - £76.00
  • PADDOCK STAND BOBBINS - BLACK - £16.00
  • MACHINED HEADLIGHT BEZEL - £97.00

Total price: £12,208.00
Not bad!

Does anyone have one?

I love it, what is the seat height…

nm looked it up 807 :frowning:

1 Like

It peaked my interest after watching this

In my head I’m already sold on it. It’s top of my list for a test-ride when the lockdown is over.

Some photos :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking a these for a while now, just could’nt stretch to spending that much on a bike again. But I have also been looking at the Royal Enfield 650. Gets quite good reviews , and looks ok. Probably not as good as the Triumph though.

Not sure what the difference is between the speed twin and the bonneville?

The I loved the look of the street cup but I can’t find that on their site anymore.

Speed twin is for middle aged men, Bonneville is for old men.

Fixed that for you :innocent:

INACCURATE! All reviews point to it being a proper performer. Not just for the hipsters :stuck_out_tongue:

Component Spec
Type Liquid-cooled, 8 valve, SOHC, 270° crank angle parallel-twin
Capacity 1200 cc
Bore 97.6 mm
Stroke 80 mm
Compression 11.0 :1
Max Power EC 97PS / 96bhp (72kW) @ 6,750rpm
Max Torque EC 112Nm @ 4,950 rpm
System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
Exhaust Brushed 2 into 2 exhaust system with twin brushed silencers
Final Drive X ring chain
Clutch Wet, multi-plate assist clutch
Gearbox 6-speed
Component Spec
Frame Tubular steel with aluminium cradle
Swingarm Twin-sided, aluminium
Front Wheel Cast aluminium alloy, 17 x 3.5 in
Rear Wheel Cast aluminium alloy, 17 x 5.0 in
Front Tyre 120/70 ZR17
Rear Tyre 160/60 ZR17
Front Suspension 41mm cartridge forks, 120mm travel
Rear Suspension Twin shocks with adjustable preload, 120mm rear wheel travel
Front Brakes Twin 305mm discs, Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers, ABS
Rear Brakes Single 220mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper, ABS
Instrument Display and Functions LCD multi-functional instrument pack with analogue speedometer, analogue tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, clock, trip computer, scroll and mode buttons on handlebars, heated grip ready, fuel consumption display, traction control status and throttle mode display. TPMS ready.

Thruxton RS is the bike for me if I was to go that way

2 Likes

I do like the look of these bikes. Not sure it’s suitable for someone who is 6’ 5" though.

Aye, you might be more comfortable on something a bit taller. Moto Guzzi adventure bike? :slight_smile:

V85 TT

that’s a bit more poke than I thought compared to the bonnie. fair do’s.

I do like those as well!

Cracking bikes, I’ve bagged one for the summer (er, if we’re ever allowed outside again). The launch bikes had particularly binary throttles on them, so hope Triumph have smoothed that out for the bikes that hit the showrooms

It’s crying out for an R/RS model, with some blingier bouncy bits, radials, and a few other extras as standard

1 Like

Know a couple of people who have ridden one. They all raved about it. I’d like to give the Street Scrambler a ride.

Love 'em but might sway towards the Thruxton RS for the poathetic reason that it was wire wheels rather than alloy…just me I suppose!

Spoked wheels are a bitch to clean though.