Trip Down Memory Lane

Yeah, crying with laughter at Rob when sat in the Cafe of the man square in Brugge: “Do you think they filmed “In Brugge” here?” followed by the gay waiter hitting on me…still think that was a set up :w00t:

Joining the “Passa di Gavia in the rain” club, Getting laughed at by Pimlico and RR for putting stickers on my top box. Listening to Pimlico getting upset with a snoring roomie or complaining that an Ipswich shirt with a Lidl thermal wasn’t appropriate attire for a posh restaurant.

Too many Jets runs too mention, but that road we did in the Dales - riding on the edge for about 10 mins - knowing an error would mean goodbye - we’ve all done it - **** it was fun!

OOI! Why does my name keep popping up here :D:blush:

Sooooooo many pee stops :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I recall first LB’er I met was me_groovy on his lonesome at BM one Wednesday many moons ago.

Oh first rideout was Afros, a few years ago now, bimble to … was it supposed to be Great Yarmouth? I dont remember. But it was an Epic…

And an impromptu LB meet at Lands End … only Pan, me and our wives could make it :hehe:. It was weird finding the Orange Hornet in the car park!

2 funny things stick in my mind from my early LB days in 2007…

1/ Sitting in The Ace one evening with GSXRAng when a newbie called Kevsta came up to her and said… “You must be ChunkyMonkey”…pmsl :laugh::D:D:D

2/ At BMM… The great SRAD Debate… Yes it is, No it’s not!!!..lol :D:D:D

and now we know why kevsta walks funny :D:D

and yes it is an SRAD uncle :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought the two of you were similar :wink:

to many to list but heres a few:

-late night ride down to brighton in the dark for tugs birthday - smiled and i were late and had to play catch up
-lb rideout from boxhill to brighton i think it was, everyone was told how the cornerman system worked - first roundabout we got to, another biking group was doing the corner marker system, and most of our group got lost!
-first st georges day ride in 2006
-all night rideout with smiled and (i forgot their name!) just three of us, pouring rain, all night ride through surrey to some haunted spots.couldnt see a thing with bike lights switched of in some creepy places!
-chelsea bridge
-late night chilling at frith street and leicester square
-france trip
-trip i did to northern ireland for nw200 with ginger and co, rained the whole time, and ginger got so wasted i had to practically carry him back one night!
-bluestars birthday rideout, just a few of us, bluestar the ever slow and cautious rider, me trying to keep up with andy p on the burnham bends

oh, and cubana!

Many great memories from the last four years on here…

Friday night rides from the Ace down to Frith Street, then on to Leicester Square, Chelsea Bridge and finally ending up at Blackheath Tea Hut until 5am! :smiley:

Gluing £1 coins to the floor in Leicester Square then brutally taking the piss out of anybody who tried to pick them up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-UMOzksRM :w00t:

Riding on the Southend Shakedown in full blown blizzard conditions! :crazy:

Endless laughs with people who have become great friends over the years… :wink:

The crazy day trip to France in 2008, with Smiled overshooting one of the motorway exits because he was too busy doing triple figure past everyone! :w00t:

The list is endless, and I look forward to many more over the coming years! :wink:

It was wet, slippery unknown roads, im following Serri and see him ‘attempt’ that move. What a plonker im shouting in my lid knowing full well the road turns up ahead…missed those big rocks by cm’s, rolled through her hedge and had grass stuffed in ya bike.

I was crying with laughter in my helmet with Rixxy picking your bike up and checking it over. :smiley:

Got a few good’uns:

Met everyone first at BM. Stood there like a niny not knowing anyone. Mel said she would look after me and introduce me. She jumped off her bike and disappeared. Cue lots of standing around trying to join in. Eventually AndyP started talking to me and i was doomed from then on.

Few months later, back at BM. Lou and Andrew arrived with Lucy (weeks old) and Mel grabbed her for a cuddle in the coffee shop. She gave me that look, to which Wasp jumped “are you two going to have a baby???” Little did they know we had talked about it a few days before and decided YES.

BoPeep rideout to Beachy Head. That was a great day. loved it. Some plonker corner marked a corner without even being asked, sending everyone on a boring straight line road (A21) towards Hastings. I was with 2 others 100yards up the road, we waited for AGES! Eventually caught everyone and got back to the ride. Got to Beachy on a busy bank holiday, pub was rammed. Everyone looking at me as to where we were going to eat etc…I had arranged our very own private function room for us all and out gear! Perfect.

Friday night ace, frith, clap tea hut and mad riding through red lights from Mel. (not advised by her!) Hooning to get to the ace straight from work. Did it in 45mins from Biggin Hill to Ace via M25 and a Police pull over :blush:

many many more. Made some great friends!

Don’t really feel I’ve been here long enough to contribute…but after a few months of psyching myself up to join a ride I misguidedly booked myself on Jaimes Dover camping tip last summer…10 people on board swiftly went to 4 and I promised myself I wouldn’t chicken out! My first proper ride out as a newbie with strangers and Jaime takes us down a load of gravel tracks at the bottom of the fields! :blink: my bum has never been so clenched!! :w00t: Schmidt and Jaime obsessively burning anything they could find (mainly the picnic benches) was hilarious!

Gave myself a good pat on the back for not bailing on that one and so glad I didn’t…brilliant bunch you lot!! :Wow:

:D:D:D:D

I think one of the best things we’ve done on here was that trip up to the Lake District last summer… those were some unbelievable roads and scenery - I had never seen that side of the UK and it was an eye-opener as to how beautiful it can be. Again Jaime kept going on all weekend about how he was going to jump from Devil’s Bridge only to chicken out (at our request to a certain extent) at the last moment. Remember going back every day to our hotel shattered but happy and jumping in the sauna and pool before heading to the bar for beers.

Then Claire and Geoff deciding that their bikes were actually jet skis and riding in the sea, whilst I did a burn out in the sand only to find out moments later that my bike was now stuck in the sand! D’oH!!! :pinch:

You boys have such bad memories - his very words were “I want to have a go with your thing !!” :stuck_out_tongue:

-i remember going up to some quiet roundabouts with ratty way back, when we were both on a mission to get our knee down…

I almost did it, then kinda lost interest, got a new bike and didnt think the risk of trashing it was worth it

-Or what about the day stace, nathan and shane and i went up to waverly abbey?

1 min after we left, nathan got a flat tyre, all of us scratching heads how to use the puncture repair kit until the AA arrived!

Gret day out mate! It was a comedy of errors from start to finish though. Smiled’s number plate snapping off (leading to some very funny moments involving Gatso’s and two fingers being stuck up at speed!), thn my puncture and Stacey nearly highsiding it on a roundabout! :stuck_out_tongue:

Quality times! :wink:

and you al thought i had got you’s lost!

I seem to remember you going home at more than the recommended 50mph for puncture repair kits :stuck_out_tongue:

Just about to say that…!! epic memory that’ll stay with me for life…

Ive got some belters

…:D…

We used to hang out at Leister square and glue pound coins to the floor…god…i used to really look forward to friday nights…:smiley:

we even ended up with a wallet tied to fishing wire with a photo copy of a few 20’s hanging out of it…god i used to wee myself!!!

1:50…fuucking hilarious :laugh:

SPOONS…LOL

So many more and too many to list…just some great memories…
smiled.