Trip along the Cornwall coast

So be sure to stop if you need to, wring out your gloves / socks and get a hot drink inside you. Character building and you get to make an entry on the thread about horrible journeys.

The sh1t days on a bike make the good ones all the better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s what I done now, in Exeter for some food and a hot drink :grin:

Re the worst journeys, woukd say the one I crashed on tops this one up :sweat_smile:

But this is definetly an experience I am greatful for as well, as you say character building, and adds to the experience

3 Likes

If your boots are soaked inside and you’ve got some dry socks, put them on, then put your feet in some carrier bags before putting your boots back on.

Edit: just remembered carrier bags aren’t as readily available as they used to be.

3 Likes

Thank you @Tromboman, that is actually a great idea.
Although I think I just need to invest in better boots and proper waterproof gloves, although had high hopes from Alpinestar…slightly dissapointed
Decided to stop in Reading at my friends and dry up and go back to London tomorrow.

In summer I wear vented gloves but always carry [supposedly] waterproof ones in case of rain. That way if the ones I am wearing get soaked I can swap them once the rain stops.

But using a bungy or something through the glove straps, to fasten the wet ones dangling off the bike, is a really effective way of drying them while you ride. It is like a high powered washing line.

2 Likes

even better if they are sitting near the exhaust!

Waterproofs, now there’s a hot topic. All my riding in the rain kit is 100% waterproof except gloves and boots. The gloves fail after about 2 to 3 hours and I carry spare pairs to swap over. I have a pair of seal skin gloves but these need a pair of motorcycle gloves to go over the top and so far I’ve not found a pair of XXL gloves that really are XXL. I’ve thought about seal skin socks too but they’d just make my feet too big to get the boots on.

Plastic bags were a thing of the 70’s. I remember riding to a Dragon Rally in three or four bin bags.

For winter I’ve some Dainese scout gloves, they’ve not failed me in 3 years.
For summer I’ve some Richa ones. Got them from bike stop because the other brands didn’t have the features I wanted. They’re working out perfectly too.