Training

not sure if it was old lillian baileys play ground but we did our first bit in some sort of school ground up the rd. must say, they were top guys…well in my place it was a gal. passed first go with 1 fault. from no experience to a 600 in 5 days.

I know there sales & servicing is s**t, but I thought the DAS at Metropolis was very good & I would recommend it. It’s in their interest to get you thro it, & they generally do!

Also if you do it in the cold winter months (e.g. January) you get a discount & it costs £600 i think - which is worth considering.

The mean streets of Cheshunt on a Fantic Cabalero in 1978:cool:

Mum and Dad agreed to my bike on proviso I did the RAC/ACU course ran by the cops in Hertford.

6 Sunday mornings, I spose it’s similar to Bikesafe as it is now:)

Blimey thats going back a fantic :smiley: had an SS50 myself couldnt afford a FS1E, must admit some of the old mopeds back then were pretty good compared to the really slow stuff today. Any other makes spring to mind ? Mallagutti, Gilera, Puch

That’s where I did mine (and my little brother).

They were pricey, but the instructors were quite good IMO, and they had a good sense of humour.

agree with mark big up for southern riders got me through easily and 4 friends all passed first time as well.they have moved from the site in sidcup but are still local to the area

http://www.southernridertraining.co.uk/

I did mine at Elite in Wimbledon who were very good. I was looking for a course this time last year, and if you wait until around xmas / new year you will find that a lot of the centers do discounts, presumably because its a bit slow and people generally prefer to train when it is a bit warmer.

did my car test that way…but not on a bsa of course…in a landy…

Catford dogs carpark

wow elite seems to have a lot of good press! ill check them out and see what they have to offer

Think Bike! Coulsdon. I thought they were great- and pretty convenient for South London.

never learnt to drive car, straight into trucks one advantage about the forces !!