Trackday preparations

Can’t wait!

Track preparations for me include taking my mirrors and numberplate off and lowering tyre pressures hehe. Perhaps I should do more?

fair play. know what you mean about the relaxing. started off with the daft habit of holding my breath all the way up the home straight by accident! didn’t realise i was doing it at first and kept wondering why i was so tired…doh!

i just figure its worth getting the form right early on, so that its one less thing to think about when you’re going faster then trying to change your habits

We can always spend a session on the knee out drill if its something you want to learn more about, im happy to do that.

I want you guys to enjoy the day as well as improve your skills.

much appreciated mate, defo put me down for that

Hey Brian, after riding for more than twenty years I have just realised what a rookie

I am, despite riding over a 100 miles a day to work… Yesterday was so good and I have a lot

to learn. You will definately see me again and I would be very greatful for your help in any future trackdays. There will be many more…Ann has decided that Ascot and Wimbledon are out and trackdays are in…all good for me.

Still smiling like the cheshire cat !

Adamsky & Weeannie

aka Cameron & Ann

Any future help or questions you have just PM me or post up a thread Cameron. We`ll get some tracktime for sure.

I`m still learning new stuff myself, it never ends but neither does the fun and the rewards.

I thought Ann was enjoying herself but didn`t realise how much. She was asking questions and was enthusiastic about it all, fantastic

Let the fun begin again soon…Trackdays 1 Wimbledon 0

message from the bald one. rookie you got blasted by my now ex weedy CBR 600F

BF

Yes BF, but its still a honda… buying a new bike will not get Jaymbee and me to lay off you…

lets see what the next trackday brings…remember its not a race… its a big learning curve …

…oh the imepetiousity of youth…

just got the first service out the way so good to go.

was chatting to the mechanic who does a fair bit of tracktime and also pretty familiar with the r1

mentioned i was taking it to brands on monday

his reply ‘on those tyres?’

dunlop 218s from stock. i’d heard this previously but he said whilst he hadn’t tracked them himself, he hadn’t heard good things about them and suggested i get them switched to something better before tues

what do you guys reckon?

Judging by the weather today, full wets would be good! Can’t go wrong with supercorsas on track, unless it’s wet. You might be better off going for a more road biased tyre like diablo corsas. I did a soaking wet brands on a ninja a couple of years ago on d207s, and have to say it was knee down everywhere any slide was predictable and controllable.

Everyone has there own opinions on tyres, so expect some clas oe views on this one!

cheers highside. i’m planning on giving the 2cts a shot next time. had diablo’s and pilot powers in the past and both seemed good enough for my riding (even in the wet at brands). caught myself out more than once on the indy track in the wet and the dry and managed to haul a line still on those two so have faith in em.

defo agree on the subjective nature of tyre opinions. the thing that slightly concerns me is that i’ve not heard anyone who likes the 218s

are they they same compound as the 208/207s roughly?

Not totally sure to be honest, I had 208rrs on my k4 gsxr and loved em, much grippier than the 207s, but then there is no tread on the side just like the 2ct, qualifier, supercorsa, rensports etc… So no good for those wet days, plus they take longer to warm up and cool down a lot quicker.

Are you going to be using the bike through winter? If so and your gonna keep the trackday tyres on it’s something you need to think about before you buy.

I’ve just taken delivery of a pair of Pirelli Diablo Corsers for the Brands track-day. Should be the perfect all-round tyre for the day and the coming months. Quick to heat up, good in the wet, full-tread and last well. Plus not so badly priced at £139 a pair.

they’re the ones with the slick edges right? surprised they count as a good for wet weather

good price. mind if i ask where from?

You’re thinking of SuperCorsa’s JB. Jay’s got the old duffer’s tyres LOL LOL only kidding ;~)

haha oh yeah, doh. been a long day. i even had the blummin things on my 748 so should know

i’ll go buy a pipe and slippers

They’re the road and track tyre, the super corsas are the track tyres. I got them through M&P mate.

i just got some as well, from m&p direct via ebay £139 + the postage

thats the cheapest i could see them for on the web

Take a look here:

http://www.thefastone.co.uk/products.asp?cat=218

I think some one posted this up on LB a while back but kept the link in my favourites.

hay havn’t some of you forgoten some thing(pauses deep breath) incontinence pants he he oh i forgot to add i’ll be there to whitness !!!