TPS RECALL FZ6 FAZERS

Hey guys im after a bit of advice, i have 2 recalls on my bike for sensors. I had it booked in at a yamaha store for friday, told on the fone i can wait for the job to be done, it only takes 2-3 hours says the guy. When i arrive he then proceeds to tell me he will need the bike all day as its a big job, so i wasnt very happy at leaving my bike all day with them, they also looked a bit dodge.

Can i take it to another dealer to get the work done, even though this particular store has already submitted the warranty claim?

Go to these people mate…
http://londonbikers.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=50&MessageID=143562

Buy a Honda dude

Seriously… you mean there’s another Yam TPS recall??? Thought there was one last year too… yikes…

SAME RECALL TAKES TIME FOR PEOPLE TO GET OFF THERE ARSE AND GET IT DONE,SO SOME PEOPLE WOULD RATHER WAIT FOR LETTER IM NOT SURE IF A CLAIM HAS GONE IN FOR ITIF YOU CAN GO SOME WHERE ELSE BUT GIVE YAMAHA UK A CALL 0192358000

The TPS on the Yamaha’s goes wrong over time which is why people claim after a certain time, and at different rates over time.

Many R1 owners for example didn’t have the problem until something like 8000 miles into ownership…I think the problem occurs due to a breakdown of a seal over time.

The average sports bike rider probably doesn’t use the bike as much as say the average tourer rider so therefore the times of claim for these bike owners will differ.