Tower Bridge SPECS cameras

Hi,

Does anyone know if these cameras catch bikes? Hard to tell whether they read rear plates or front plates?

Cheers

I certainly hope not, I’ve not had a ticket anyway and I may have been going a touch over 20mph coming home after late shifts for a couple of months towards the end of last year.

A while ago spoke to a chap on the Fazer forum who was caught by these. He reckoned there’s rear facing cameras within the two towers. Whereas the others on poles either side of the bridge are forward facing. So, I suspect bikes could only get caught if speeding the small middle bit of the bridge.

I certainly hope not, I've not had a ticket anyway and I may have been going a touch over 20mph coming home after late shifts for a couple of months towards the end of last year. monkimark
+1

have you tried to ride a bike @ 20mph

Not really…

I certainly hope not, I've not had a ticket anyway and I may have been going a touch over 20mph coming home after late shifts for a couple of months towards the end of last year. monkimark
+1

have you tried to ride a bike @ 20mph

Wise
Yes, on my MOD2 :D

Riding a bike at 20mph is a pretty good metaphor for frustration

Or class it as a skill ?

The real skill on tower bridge is filtering without getting thrown across the road by the tarmac berms snaking their way over the white lines.

The real skill on tower bridge is filtering without getting thrown across the road by the tarmac berms snaking their way over the white lines. monkimark

+1
But only for another couple of months as it's going to be closed for 3 months from October for repairs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36427337

They’re dependent on the front plate.

The real skill on tower bridge is filtering without getting thrown across the road by the tarmac berms snaking their way over the white lines. monkimark

+1

But only for another couple of months as it’s going to be closed for 3 months from October for repairs:

Pat
I heard about that, thank god I've a new job back on the south bank so I don't have to deal with the chaos.

I’ve a had a good look at the towers and I can’t see any cameras on the bridge itself apart from a couple of CCTV - maybe the guy Arfa heard from was caught by a mobile speed camera van or something?

+1

But only for another couple of months as it’s going to be closed for 3 months from October for repairs:

Pat
I heard about that, thank god I've a new job back on the south bank so I don't have to deal with the chaos.

I’ve a had a good look at the towers and I can’t see any cameras on the bridge itself apart from a couple of CCTV - maybe the guy Arfa heard from was caught by a mobile speed camera van or something?

monkimark
ive moved sites now so im north of the water in Holborn