topping up coolant is easy right?

Anitfeeze despite its name main job is to protect the engine against corrosion from the water . It degrades over time and loses its protective qualitys . A good flush through every year or 2 will see your engine /waterpump last much longer .

I’m glad you posted this because some anti freezes wouldtrash a bikes engine by reacting with the alloys. So it is important to readthe owners manual, see what it takes, and get the correct liquid the follow themakers instructions as some are pre diluted. I won’t buy from Halfords becausewhat info they had on their web site the mix they sell would eat my GPz engine.

Only other thing I’d add would be read the service manual toknow where the drain points are. On my VFR there are some on the cylinder blocks,on my GPz it’s on a down pipe off the radiator.

The reason you have to renew every two years is just likeoil changes every year. It’s because the chemicals chains break down in thattime span. Changing it earlier won’t harm the bike as your just making sure youstill have a good amount of unbroken chemical chains in the solution?