Tool Brands

Ps Halfords/Sealey do JIS

Better late then never :man_facepalming:

But I’m happy with these now anyhow, the impact screwdrivers are always handy

So finally everything has arrived! Today’s task….

3 Likes

Slow progress but got two drawers done this afternoon

4 Likes

Wow, nice tools, and super organised too. They look so neat there, I wouldn’t want to use them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh they’ll get plenty of use, this way I know where everything is rather then being in various different tool boxes

I’ll ask in a couple of months if you know where the 10mm socket is :wink:

2 Likes

Looks to be about 3 off 10mm sockets in there.

edit: maybe just two

Definitely two…deep and normal

I see that now, a very sensible minimal socket duplication across the 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" square drives. My least used metric sockets have to be the 8 and 10 mm 1/2" drives which have rarely been used in over half a century. They just seem to sit there on their rail vs my most used sockets which are probably the 8 and 10 mm in 3/8 and 1/4" drive, one or other of them seem to be required for every little job.

We all know where the 10mm sockets ( and spanners ) are …Lost .

Hope you have measured to allow for the drawer stops ?

Nothing worse than scrabbling to get something out that is at the back of drawer

1 Like

Has anyone anywhere ever used a 9mm socket or spanner?

I can’t think I have, other than maybe as a hammer on bodge to remove an obscure damaged nut or bolt.

The only time I can recall using an 11mm spanner/socket is on the fitting kit for a Tomtom satnav, which for some reason uses an M7 rather than a normal M6 U-bolt.

I have and put it down again as soon as I realized it wasn’t the 10mm

That’s a Gotcha! My least used sockets have to be the 3 off 9 mm, can’t ever recall using any of them. Nor the 9 mm spanners, how useful would an 8 x 10 mm spanner be in place of the usual 8 x 9 and 10 x 11 found in most spanner sets. Although as per Murphy’s Law when it’s gone you’ll need it and 9 mm nuts n bolts will be raising their ugly heads everwhere!

When fitting that TomTom bracket I went for a 10 mm then a 12 mm before settling on a 7/16" AF, I think you’ll find it’s an American Imperial thing they just can’t let go of.