To all the policemen on here...Thanks! And apologies on behalf of the knobs

ANY MORE NAME CALLING AND YOU ARE BANNED …I AM GOING TO EDIT YOUR POSTS…BUT ANYMORE NAME CALLING AND IM GOING TO NUKE YOUR ACCOUNTS TODAY…THIS IS THE ONLY WARNING YOU WILL HAVE.

NOW FIGHT!!!

smiled.

Of course individuals f* things up - same as they do in every line of work. What p*sses me off about the Police are the ongoing cover ups when they do make mistakes. The list is long, but sadly not all that old - witness the recent failures to speak up in Ian Thomlinson’s case. A dozen coppers evidently see the incident - yet until video footage comes to light, the silence from the police is deafening. Shameful episode - and looks like the individual copper will finally see a judge and jury - but what about all the other coppers involved in attempting to cover the whole thing up? Not a dicky bird.

not really

to echo what BAZ said, its really down to individual people. same thing can happen anywhere, shops, phone centres, banks. i for one, with my riding style, have had a fair few brushes with the long arm of the law. and the encounter is always different. for example, i got a stern telling off (but nothing more) for abusing the A5 in wales (took the poor cop 18miles to catch me), but then, i got 3 points and a 60quid fine, for taking my hands off the handle bars while riding to adjust my gloves! its all swings and round- abouts. just because one police officer, gives you a hard time, dosnt make them all bad (similarly, good experience dosnt make them all good) same thing in my profession. had customers mugged off by “mechanics” does that mean im going to rip them off because im a mechanic? of course not. people are people. some are sound, some are tWats. thats about it really

Haven’t had any personal run ins with police where I needed 'em.

At the G8 protests in London in 2009 (2009? time flies :w00t: ) had a chat with some of them and shared a laugh over some of the protesters (them anarcho black wing muppets).

The police as an institution itself I do not trust however, especially after the City of London police initially refused to investigate Phorm and BT, as well as the CoL Police as well as the Met abused S44 on a regular basis, and Police nationwide were advised to ignore a ruling by the ECHR in regards to the S44.

As mentioned, never needed them myself yet, so can’t state from the PoV where I had direct dealings with the police.

of the 17 members online…17 are watching this thread lol

…I am hungry…“beef” sandwich anyone? :slight_smile:

hang on, 3 points and 60 quid for taking hands off? Presumably both I take it?
Or can you get that also for taking one hand off O_O

I may stop flailing at muppets on the road with both my hands then while riding :w00t:

ok on a serious note folks…

she had no right to come in here and call me a “yob” and “worst the society has to offer” when she doesnt know me, just based on the fact i posted opinionated views on the police thread…

Like Baz sed…its been resolved, apologised in a civilized manner etc & forgotten, but this woman is constantly seeking attention…she just picked on the wrong white boi…tried to come on here & provoke someone…clever.

making assumptions about me & tellin me to shut the eff up…

like she knows me…she old enuff to be my gran!

hurry up and post, I have to get back to work soon! :wink:

So Nathan you’ve got a Mrs :cool::smiley: Good on yer pal - has she been LB vetted to ensure she’s a worthy other half for our Nath? :slight_smile:

If I am back in July I hope to make the next LB event - the last one was awesome.

Right will let you lot get on with the row / thoughtful debate :wink:

I don’t think there has been cover ups with this at all. Cops gave evidence at the inquest about what happened to Ian Tomlinson.
You say until the video came to light it was silence - sorry mate, but you’re another victim of the many biased blogs / press etc.
The Police can not say anything prior to an inquest, whereas the Family of the deceased and the Press can say what they want. That is why there was silence as legally there has to be.

:Whistling:

Hels, does that mean that we are going to be table dancing again? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the secnod thread in a row that has flopped for tanya deeeeeee.

Busabaz roadrunner love theses guys (no westie) the cops who arrested me twice in 24 hours who tried to make me touch a hello kitty purse I apparently stole I hate. Life is such there’s people like this everywhere.

Iyzzyzf (how ever you spell it) cocky lil sh!t but a genuine member of society doing his bit not on the street corner shotting crack to school kids claiming the doll and got 4 kids by 4 mums not paying CSA.

Please NOOOOOO! :hehe:

That was afterwards Busa. After the footage had been splashed all over the newspapers and the internet. The initial response of the police was absolute silence.

Also, isn’t it true, and here I have no doubt that you will correct me, that the police get to compare their notes before they have to share information? We don’t let alleged criminals get together in a room and collaborate on their story before they are interviewed, though I seem to remember that we do let the police do that.

My memory not that bad then. Have they changed it yet?