Thought's officers? Rusty?

It’s the perception, police are exempt from a lot of things but are told e.g to wear seat belts.
As for making a 999 call, come on if his Airways was playing up there is nothing that would make him use a mobile instead whilst driving.

However, looking at the picture more closely is the vehicle actually moving !

Really ? No comms and not using your phone to get an update, basic policing.

It is clear you’re unaware of the exemptions. The Police are exempt from many things and the blues and twos do not have to be on.

Rob the mechanic at George Whites when I worked there and this law was introduced got 3points and £60 fine for being on the phone whilst sitting on the bike in a lay-by with helmet and gloves off but ignition on in neutral!!!
If blues and twos weren’t on - why could he not pull over like everyone else?
Like I said, police doing something they enforce is always going to get bad press as they are in the public eye - the best thing is only one person mentioned something to do with the person taking the picture - bit like videos of people showing their speed whilst driving/riding on public roads - they will be caught and given the penalty I would imagine! :Whistling:
It’s a forum for general discussion and opinions - everyone is entitled to them… Don’t take it so personally! (Not you Rusty - you should…:D:laugh: ) PMSL!

Yeah, not too many people have mentioned that the picture was clearly taken from the drivers side of a moving vehicle too so the person who posted this pic on Facebook is a slight hypocrit! Haha

Sean, c’mon, you knew full well this would be just another “one rule for them, another for us” thread.
As soon as a citizen is pulled over they are not given a fine and points, plenty of cops will still use discretion regarding the ofence and at times when appropriate give a warning. There is plenty of examples on here when people have just been given a bollocking instead of losing their licence.
Of course, if a cop does stop someone and they have a genuine reason for making a call while on the move - it is not down to the cop to decide, it is the job for the court, that is how the British legal system works.

If someone has 10/11 points then I would suggest that they have put themselves in that position instead of the pathetic reasoning in saying it is the cops fault that they lost their licence as they got given points to push them over 12.

I have no doubt at all if this photo goes viral that the Police Officer will be punished by the courts. The Police Officer will then be also disciplined at work and could in effect lose his job - so it will be dealt with. I take it you want all cops to be just as harsh with people on bikes as they should be on another cop ?

How big is his phone :w00t:

On his salary I’d expect him to have an iPhone or something more compact lol

All very interesting Baz, when I was witness to a horrific RTA first medic on scene.
Which so happen to be caused by police on an emergency call blue lights through a red light crash bang work the rest out.

The officer that interview me the week later, advised that even in an emergency call they are not allowed through red lights. Must follow the same rules as Joe public and the officer in question would get points on his licence and driving with undue care and attention.

So who do I believe? But this all makes interesting reading.

Well, I feel sorry for Rob and I would have happly gone to court over that.

How do you know the blues and twos arent on in the pic ?

It is hard at times not to take things personally when it is almost never ending people having a pop when they can. You are right of course and I shouldnt have taken this personally. I have been a viction of someone taking a pic of me and it appearing in all sorts of places and people making pathetic ill informed judgments and decisions on no basis at all. It isnt pleasant.

No buddy, red lights are treated as give ways, supposed to go through them at walking pace. Though, the cop would probably have been prosecuted if he caused injuries even if he was going to an emergency call. Cops volunteer to risk that and get no thanks at all when the worst happens, in fact they are treated horrendously.

Are those the same pictures of you found in Victoria stations men’s lavatory Baz:Whistling:

SShhhhh, My gay icon status has only just gone.

Assemble facts then slag off…or not.

Van is not a police van, belongs to a company that supplies props. ELS.

I just asked for thoughts - kinda how a forum works! Personally I couldn’t give a damn, if he causes an accident he has to live with it! Most of us break the speed limit knowing the risks - there’s no difference IMO… But as soon as there is an accident or a citizen gets pulled for being spotted they are instantly fined and given points… Then have to go through the appeal process if it was a genuine reason for the event - if someone has 10/11 points and requires their licence for a living they would lose their job, not be able to pay bills or feed children, etc. until they had had the points cleared if it was genuine reasoning (a lot of officers won’t even listen to you at the point of being pulled)… So the question is, has he been suspended without pay and given the points/fine until its proved a genuine reason for using it whilst driving?

Baz - we all appreciate the jobs you guys do and the stuff you put up with - but at the point of being caught doing something “illegal” it should be the same process for officers as it is for us!

Pictures are always going to be posted of officers who have been spotted doing something they shouldn’t as they are in the public eye - it’s how the situation is dealt with that makes the picture, officer and police force show their true value!
[/quote]

Sean, c’mon, you knew full well this would be just another “one rule for them, another for us” thread.
As soon as a citizen is pulled over they are not given a fine and points, plenty of cops will still use discretion regarding the ofence and at times when appropriate give a warning. There is plenty of examples on here when people have just been given a bollocking instead of losing their licence.
Of course, if a cop does stop someone and they have a genuine reason for making a call while on the move - it is not down to the cop to decide, it is the job for the court, that is how the British legal system works.

If someone has 10/11 points then I would suggest that they have put themselves in that position instead of the pathetic reasoning in saying it is the cops fault that they lost their licence as they got given points to push them over 12.

I have no doubt at all if this photo goes viral that the Police Officer will be punished by the courts. The Police Officer will then be also disciplined at work and could in effect lose his job - so it will be dealt with. I take it you want all cops to be just as harsh with people on bikes as they should be on another cop ?
[/quote]

Baz - your reading what you want to… Someone may have 10/11 points for getting caught by Gasto or an officer hiding behind a tractor (like near box hill on Sunday) doing 33/4, 44/45 a couple of times as it was a road that required FULL attention - what you have just done is generalise them and put them into a category “we’ll they have 10 points, they must be wrong” nice!!!
Why should this photo need to go viral for this to be investigated - yes officers may be exempt from certain things, but why after being seen should they not automatically be investigated??

I’ve met you a few times and your a nice guy - you even burned me a copy of the MotoGP and delivered it to heathrow without even meeting me when I first joined and I completely understand your loyalty and dedication to your job - but you shouldn’t always be straight on the defence - sometimes wrong is just wrong!

I’ve only met one bad attitude officer, put it down to all the other serious crap he had to deal with that day and moved on!

Anyway - Like the saying goes… An architect can build the worlds 10 best buildings in the world, but if he sucks one c0k he will always be know as a c0k sucker - cops do amazing work, but they will always be known for the little mistakes - it’s down to the media! Just thought I’d lighten this post up a bit as it was posted as a pi55 take - can a mod delete it or block it to stop it going personal?

I see plenty of people on the phone every day on my commute to and from work and they get away with it so why shouldn’t the cop in this picture? Oh right I see lead by example, bit like the patents who drive their kids to school whilst talking on the phone or speeding or not wearing a seat belt. Good examples to up and moving motorists.

Come on people this has been blown up way too much. Lets have a reality check. I’m sure it will/is being looked into.

Now lets discuss something else, how about why they don’t make a touring 200 section rear tyre or my Ducati!! Running semi slick tyres is not great for upcoming winter riding is it :hehe:

hahahahahahaha!

case dismissed!

Wouldn’t it be the funniest thing if it was taken from a movie set!

:smiley:

Oh great thanks for that PJ, remind us that the days will be getting shorter again in only 12 days :crying:

Yeah - your supposed to discuss something that cheers us up! Lol :smiley:

Yep, after a little bit of google play the pic is actually not a Police Officer or Police Van but a prop vehicle and an extra from a company that supplies police vehicles for films.
As I said at the start, it’s just a shame that people dont know the full facts before they have a pop.
Sean, I will apologise to you though, I was pissed off and shouldnt have let it get to me.

I have an electrical gremlin on the Ducati, but then that won’t surprise many of you lol