This year's insurance renewal

Good news (for me at least). My insurance this year went from £760 to £350. I moved from MCE to just motorcycle insurance. Cherry on the cake is that my cover is no longer TPFT but Comprehensive and that my excess went from £500 to £200

And no, I haven’t moved - still live in London

1 Like

Are you old? Mine dropped down to about 300 when I got older.

i am now 32 years instead of 31 :*(

I’ll swap you my £100 premium for your aged 32 years

3 Likes

I had a browse for insurance for a potential new bike. £58 with £250 excess. That’ll do nicely.

Wait till you get to 46 then you can have a cbr 600rr in London for £105

Is that fully comp?

Think it was ,but it is a 12 year old cbr😀

1 Like

I’m with MCE too. Not because I like them but because literally no-one else would insure me. Were you in the same boat? I wonder if I could finally move too.

I think my first year on the RR was with MCE. I had to call them to verify that the quote was genuine as it was half the price of everyone else. Was still a grand though.

My 98 plate hornet hasn’t really changed this year£85 for nw7 postcode or £135!for ha8 postcode…it’s only the postcode messing my prices up even though the houses are only 5 mins apart and there is a lot more chance of the bike getting stolen from the nw7 post code which is the cheaper quote​:worried::worried::worried:as usual nothing about insurance makes sense

Not a bad price.
I finally got mine to a reasonable price.

A 2011 Speed Triple £240 fully comp in SE23 :+1:

Who was that with Gav?

Devitt with AXA as the underwriter

Good one

I hate you all… 2009 GSXR 750 on TPFT Cover in SW11 (Parked on the street)… £960