This country is a joke!

I used to live in the same area as them so I know first hand what they’re like… and yes I treated them as human beings and occasionally I even got a thanks and help from some of them!

I was never in a position of authority against them so never had the power to abuse it and I would hope and expect that people who are given power don’t. Unfortunately society tolerates it because they are ‘scum’ who deserved to be treated that way…

Anyhoo I’m not going to involved in a political debate online - done it too many times to get caught up in one right now. I’ve said my piece here - for further in depth discussion, grab me for a coffee :slight_smile:

lol, I remember them days. My mate got nicked once (can’t remember what for) and he wouldn’t put his hands together for the cuffs, so the coppers eventually got his hands together and one of them said ‘not so clever now are you?’ my mate promptly headbutted the copper, so they then took him on a 45 minutes ride in the meat wagon, beat the shit out of him and let him go. Good honest old-school policing lol :smiley:

Love the UK. OK, sometimes its gets itself in a bit of a muddle and things appear odd or unjust, we dont all agree politically and the weather is not on par with some other places :cool: but when all is taken into account and the bigger picture is seen (rather than the edited version thats designed to sell newspapers etc) I think we’re doin OK. I lived in various continents and I can’t think of anywhere else I’d like to lay down roots :smiley:

That’s fine, I too have had many normal/pleasant experiences with some. I’m not generalising saying they are ALL scum, just the ones that treat people with no respect will be dealt with as such. I treat everyone how I wanted to be treated, if you had met me before hand, you’d confirm this but uniform or not, I will not be potentially infected by some losers diesease and have to take antibiotics as a precaution. Hence the scum bit for this individual is fair IMO.

You can thank Matt for keeping me busy at OMC all day! :wink:

Oddly I agree that sentencing in this country is broken, there should be consistency and I did think that the poppy burners got off way too lightly, though of course there is the counter argument that their actions were prompted by our actions in the middle east, I don’t agree entirely with that argument, but then I am not a Muslim watching as this country and America murders tens of thousands of people who share my religion for little more then money concerns, yes the poppy incident was upsetting for some and that was by design, to show their anger and how upset they were and how little we as a nation really care, until it is something that we hold dear, then we are up in arms. It did show the apathy in this country to the actions done in our name, and it highlights how we are quite willing to get upset, but only when it is something that we hold dear, or involves a celebrity and is force fed us by the newspapers.

Other than that, I agree with the stiff sentence just a shame that this country lacks the balls to apply its rules equally to everyone regardless of their religion or the colour of their skin, out of a sort of liberal guilt. If this is an aggravated offence that requires a stiff sentence, then so is poppy burning, the reasons behind the actions cannot be used to justify them in this context when the actions are taken purely as a means to harassing others.

I did think that was a very dumb thing to say. He could have stitched them all up together and made a muslim-millipede, surely that’s much more offensive. She clearly doesn’t have much imagination when it comes to offending people.

There is a massive disparity in the law and in sentencing. If you commit an offence against a company or a minority expected to get severely punished.