Theiving C*+*s in Ilford again!!

Glad its safe Sam, barstewards we lost a KTM 990 in 2012 and a Ducati approx. 18mths later both we had for less than 6mths and both new.  The security has now been up’d with security lighting, alarmed locks on everything from cover, to back and front  wheels and trackers on both but if they want them I’m sure they’ll do everything to get them :0(.   I like the idea of the bait bike and justice especially after I had my hands on the thieving SOB’s when they stole the Duc but couldn’t hold on.  The idea of penning them in a car park with no escape and some rough justice probably won’t stop them for long but would sure make me feel better!

Chin up Sam but some advice I got which sounded spot on - swap the security around a bit ie: move the locks around, switch around the alarms just change it up, they’ve seen your set up now and will be prepared so make it a bit harder because I’m sure they’ll be next time sadly.  

Read this - http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/pair-of-thieves-stole-motorbikes-worth-200000-from-streets-across-london-a3148406.html - it’s not surprising sadly. If you get caught (and it’s a BIG if), the jail time you’re risking is 10 months. Risk vs. reward, and there’s plenty of reward for these scumbags.

they most probably will only serve half of the sentence,

lets hope every one of those days there arse is reamed so they could give birth out of it

This is the reason i never use my bike for anything other than a Sunday bcr. should be able to use anytime anywhere you want but that’s never going to be that way when the punishment is not tough enough to put them off.
im happy to be a train/bus wanker lol

I have contacted my CEO, I went well above my managers head lol. He is gonna release funds to sort out the car park with better lighting and put a cage in there so there will be 3 security measures they need to get through before even having to deal with the security on the bike, hopefully thats enough of a visual deterrent to stop them even trying

Marmablade … Fck !    Sht!    Wan*ers!   

I re-state my previous … its now them or us! If you see a scooterist, assume the worst and commit to a pre-emptive strike. Its then a game of attrition … how many can we put out of action before they get us ???

Im now so paranoid I’m even considering coming off forums and all social media as im wondering if they scoure it to see what is around and its not hard to work out where the bikes are through posts etc

I have contacted my CEO, I went well above my managers head lol. He is gonna release funds to sort out the car park with better lighting and put a cage in there so there will be 3 security measures they need to get through before even having to deal with the security on the bike, hopefully thats enough of a visual deterrent to stop them even trying Marmablade
Can the cage be electrified?

I feel for you mate, that is just such shite luck…

Years ago I had a bike someone tried to nick, caught them in the act but they managed to get away. Week later came back to the bike where they had vandalized the thing… Cut all my cables, breaks, (was an off road stlye) they cut and left literally enough spokes left to just about hold the wheels any more it would have dropped the bike onto the floor…

Don’t want to scare you or nought, but as a few have mentioned they may be back…

String a high tension cable across the entrance to the car park at chest height for scooter riders, put a bell on it and when the bell rings, you know it’s time to head down to the car park and ‘help them up’ - just make sure you remember it’s there when you ride in.

Some of the posts on here about bait and trap make me laugh, half of the likely
Come from people ill equipped to know what to do with these little scroats even if they did catch them, probably end up on the business end of something sharp rueing their actions. Let’s leave the Rambo shit at home shall we. 

To the OP , keep doing what you are doing , lock your bike, take every precaution you can afford too, and try to create the environment where you have too much security for them to deal with- sounds like you got it started already - whether that’s at work or at home. There ll soon get the message. 

Unfortunately it’s likely they stole your first bike - which in their eyes makes you a soft target - because at the time you were one, times
However change and they won’t take long to realise and will likely move onto easier pickings. keep your chin up and your wits about you and that’s all anyone reasonable can do. Good shout contacting your MD for help! Now you are layering - :+1:

you should be careful who you laughing about though.  some people might not appreciate your sense of humor.  some people do know what to do in cases like this.  ;)

I know it gets said all of the time, but I would actually bait them one day and sit and wait.  But thats just me, and I do have a bad temper and a short fuse lol

Then clobber them with something very hard when you catch them at it!

Having said that, bikes are stolen all the time from outside homes too, so unless its locked in a garage there is nothing stopping it happening there too.

I wake up every morning wondering if my bike is still outside, as have heard it happening quite a lot lately and one of my neighbours found his bike half way down the street, with the ignition borred out a few months back.

those that know how to handle these types of situations are usually sensible enough to keep their mouths shut about it…before we even start delving into the legal ramifications. 

I ll consider myself warned though…glad you re around to ‘watch my back’. :+1:

those that know how to handle these types of situations are usually sensible enough to keep their mouths shut about it.....  Firo
Very True. I'm quite capable of looking after myself, done Boxing and Martial Arts as a youngster and had to grow up getting picked on by 3 Older Brothers!!, But regardless of that i would never get involved with anything like that, these people go out equiped to steal, that is not only there only crimes, it really isn't worth getting injured or worse (Killed) over a bit of Metal that is insured. I would protect my family to the death and i would also confront anyone i see playing with my bikes, but i wouldn't get involved with looking for them or waiting for them, for starters it is at my place of work and they can come back mob handed, or worse still they could follow me home and i have 3 kids to consider :)

Sensible - live to fight another day.

That’s terrible… I can’t stand people thinking it’s ok to take rather than earn. Glad they didn’t get the bike!

That’s a bit shit, Sam but you have to keep your chin up as otherwise you are letting them win. You said your CEO is already improving the security measures so hopefully it’ll be enough of a deterrent. Alternatively just buy something cheap and keep riding to work.

What about connecting one of those 50,000 volt tasers to the bike? Surely that shouldn’t be illegal as it’s my property that no-one should be touching anyway?

That's a bit shit, Sam but you have to keep your chin up as otherwise you are letting them win. You said your CEO is already improving the security measures so hopefully it'll be enough of a deterrent. Alternatively just buy something cheap and keep riding to work.

What about connecting one of those 50,000 volt tasers to the bike? Surely that shouldn’t be illegal as it’s my property that no-one should be touching anyway?

Cypher
How would these work? I'd be really interested to install these if convenient.

And fuck assholes that think it should be illegal to booby trap your own property

I’m so glad they didn’t get it Sam! They’re clearly targeting your work place, they need to improve the security desperately. Since this is the 2nd time it’s happened to just you, it sounds like it’s common in Ilford, why don’t the police put down some bait bikes?