Theft prevention - New biker - Fulham - Help Needed!

to give you an idea.

BMW HP4 - Parked in a open but secure car park. Slow moving 2 ton security gate, tickets system with cameras, 4 floors down underground. Lots of colour CCTV.
Bike has Biketrac tracker, Almax chain and Cover. Bike was blocked in by my R1200 GSA which was also locked with an Almax chain. Car park is low roofed so only accessable to some Vans and the cars.

Bike is now gone… and the police don’t give a ****.

You need locks, tracker and alarms. And you need to face the fact that if they really want it they will take it. And if they do you might aswell call my grandparents and ask for there help if your going to call the police.:crying::unsure::ermm:

I lived in Fulham 2007 - 2008. Not recently, but a lot of bikes in Fulham were scooters which were left on the steering lock (if locked at all), and consequently could be stolen by any scrote with a screwdriver. Best option is a thick long chain around a streetlamp or other piece of pavement furniture.

You’ll want a cover anyway. Welcome to LB and enjoy the Harley!

I’ve used an Almax Series IV chain for the past few years now. My neighbour used an Oxford chain. Whose bike got stolen? Mine was still there, his was not.

Now an Almax is a heavy bugger and for town parking when not at CCTV work place is a Motrax Vishas disc lock and an Abus Chain for the rear wheel if there is nothing to chain it to.

I prefer to lock my bike to something, anything that slows thieves down and makes them look elsewhere. Best thing is to cover it as well. use a cover that you can lock to the bike.

Also, the Harley will need a decent battery to start it if you have it standing a lot. So either take the battery out and put it on a charger or get a decent gel battery, MotoBatt or Odyssey, to increase your chances of actually starting it when you do want to ride!