the zx7r track bike

That could have been my old man ;)His mate has made a small pair of portable rollers with a foot button that spins a starter motor - single handed ease :cool:

Demon Tweeks are selling these " one man " kits and from memory they ain’t dear :wink:

It was deffinately under the back wheel of a transit. I remember thinking to myself what a wonderfully simple idea as I was huffing and puffing up the paddock with a rebuilt ZXR engine and no starter motor…lol:w00t:

Hey you, very nearly missed that just wait till I see ya…cheeky bugger…no fat on me…well okay I have had a few in the past but I prefer the slimmer type really…:DYep Elad will persevere…:wink:

I can sell you a 750 with at least 20BHP more and at least 30 kilos less mass.

And with your love of tinkering you’ll love the spares package - complete front end, swing arm, ECU, tank, airbox - you’ll be able to change them over every other week!

If you want to fit the body work (brand new) yourself I’d even do a special price!

come on spill the beans what is it…750 with 140 rear wheel bhp that means around 160 bhp at the crank thats some machine…

Sorry, I didn’t realise your 7 was already tuned.

It’s a GSXR750Y in any case.

to be honest thats where I should have gone instead of the 7r I think but as I say will see how I get on now…just really fancied the 7r…

Is the ZX7R such a bad machine on track?:w00t:

Ray Stringer used to prepare some fantastic ZX7’s

Showing your age there mate;)

Sabre Kawasaki wasn’t it?:cool:

there are for sure better bikes as I say I just want to see what I can do with this bike…the weight is the only issue I have with it at the moment. (and the tyres)…I am also learning that you need miles on a bike to get used to it…and as the 7 is just for track that will take a bit of time…

Yes, Sabre was one of the sponsors he ran under.Ray was a good rider himself some years ago. He won the BSB privateers cup and he put on a fair showing in several WSB rounds. I remember he started to bring on young riders, Max Vincent rode one of his 7’s in a BSB round at silverstone some years back - managed to stay in the leading pack for the first 3rd of the race.None of Ray’s bikes were slow through the speed traps!

I applaud your attitude Sir.

I know I could lap faster on a GSXR (faster still on a blade :stuck_out_tongue: ) but I really enjoy riding the superduke, and part of the challange for me is to match (and better) the 1000cc IL4s on a bike that most consider rather odd and not suited as a track bike.

I think you should be okay with the 7, as a fairly novice track rider I’m sure it can give you all you need.

How does it steer? Is it a bit slow to turn? From the road 7 I rode years ago, that would be my first priority.

Brakes?

Oh and tyres, I saw FWR are doing pairs of Pirelli Diablo corsa for £145.

the brakes are shite…not happy with them…improvements needed, tyres need replacing and I think I will go with racetecs…I am not trying to prove I am an unspotted motoGP star I just want to enjoy myself…dont have anything to prove to anyone…way past those days…