The vigil for Sarah Everard

I think I’m going to start stockpiling silver foil…

That or try and upskill for a life of farming somewhere off the grid

Ms Patel does. That’s what’s so scary. They are doing this to stop irritants like Steve Bray but you just know ‘annoyance’ can be extended to include anybody in any protest.

And it comes with a 10 year prison term!

They seem to have a hard-on for the 10year term… They said the same.for those lying on travel docs during covid. Either that or just don’t know any other numbers…

If a protest doesn’t disrupt, it’s not a protest.

Because as we all know, we all got rights and progress through sitting in a park in the middle of nowhere singing kumba ya

No, simple mass, if o have 5 fingers on one hand and give on another how many finger do I have!

Wait till they buy some sandals!

in some parts of this country it’s called a a high-6

They’ve obviously read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn’s Gulag Archipelago where he describes Stalin’s Soviet Union only ever handed down two punishments: life, or ten years banishment to Siberia. The ten year stretch was the most common and slipped into everyday language as the ‘tenner’.

So now the statutory sentence for rape is five years but you will get a tenner if you complain about it.

Anyone with an ‘annoyingly’ loud Akrapovič on their bike better be worried.

As was pointed out, because of the changes the government are making, you could now get 10 years for damaging a statue, but less than half that for actually assaulting a woman.

The laws in this country are a reflection of those making them, and in this case really dumb.

1 Like

If this law had been in place when the demonstrations against the introduction of the Westminster motorcycle parking charges took place, anyone participating in them would be just getting out around now…

1 Like

London cabbies protesting against Uber. Wonder how they feel about these proposals?

1 Like

I wonder how many know about them?
I also firmly believe a few don’t think it applies to them and it only applies to the Extinction Rebellion lot

Considering how many people consider that Boris is a champion of the working man & doing a good job, rather than providing a distraction whilst his party rob the country blind & give it to their mates. I’d say a significant portion of the population are either complete fuckwits or wilfully ignorant.

Then of course there’s the “You have nothing to fear if you don’t misbehave” ostriches.

5 Likes

I recon I’ll end up getting 10 years under this for pointing out my MP has less backbone than a jellyfish and that his initials (NOB) are perfect for him as he’s a prick with no balls.

3 Likes