The time is near | New Bike Purchase

Right team!

Finally have all of my new gear - Brand new 2016 Alpinestars leathers being sent this week from the warehouse… Actually my whole kit is all new 2016 Alpinestars but hey it’s gonna last many years to come. 

So that means only one thing left to purchase… The bike! 

Now - I have always always wanted to buy a Yamaha R6 2009 and above but sadly due to insurance I can’t get it for that bike so that’s ok (maybe I can get it next year)… have no fear. 

My next choice is a Honda CBR600RR 2008 and above. 

Reason for this post is does anyone recommend any good dealers to go and test ride, talk smack and barter on the price? If I can get a bike with the usual mods done like exhaust, levers, crash knobs, double bubble, tail tidy etc that’d be sweet but beggars can’t be choosers. 

I am open to other supersports models like the ZX6R or the GSXR600 so with that, any dealers that have these range of bikes to test ride and ideally leave the dealership with a bike that day. 

Let me know your thoughts / experiences! 

The leathers for your viewing pleasure: 

John’s of Romford have 2 shops, a Honda one and a Suzuki one, both have new and used, there’s also Bacon Kawasaki dealer with new and used in Newbury Park, check their websites

don’t fancy a slightly bashed up CBF125 then Jax? :stuck_out_tongue:

How much are you looking to spend? Interest deals on brand new bikes are really good at the moment. 

https://www.onyerbike.net/
Few of us on here use them and always great service - they have used ZX6/CBR600 (repsol)/GSXR6/R6 in stock so you can see them/compare them all in one place and roads round there are good.

One thing though - don’t expect to get one same day as all dealers have a duty of care to PDI all bikes before customers can take delivery!

Why is a R6 harder to insure than a cbr 600rr
Both similar bikes

the name and reputation - same as the R1 & word Fireblade!

How much are you looking to spend? Interest deals on brand new bikes are really good at the moment.  me_groovy
max 4.5k - No point going brand new as I'll flick the bike in a year or so.
Why is a R6 harder to insure than a cbr 600rr Both similar bikes Wise
I know right, I thought the same but that's what Go Compare came back with... weird. 
the name and reputation - same as the R1 & word Fireblade! SeanV4
Huh? 

Few of us on here use them and always great service - they have used ZX6/CBR600 (repsol)/GSXR6/R6 in stock so you can see them/compare them all in one place and roads round there are good.

One thing though - don’t expect to get one same day as all dealers have a duty of care to PDI all bikes before customers can take delivery!

SeanV4
Thanks for this and the info on the dealer as well! Sucks to know you can't test ride a bike and take it home right then and there.. 
don't fancy a slightly bashed up CBF125 then Jax? :P Abzero
Could be a fun project? haha

SeanV4
Thanks for this and the info on the dealer as well! Sucks to know you can't test ride a bike and take it home right then and there..  JAX
If you see a bike on a dealers website that really interests you, ask if you can test ride it and ask what the chances of taking the same day - they may prep it before you arrive in the hope you will buy it!

Also try all of the comparison websites not just one, some get better deals then others on certain types of insurance!

Just so you know the thing with the R6/R1/Fireblade is they all carry a stigma about them with insurance companies and due to the fact that if you tell a non biker that you own a sports bike about the only 3 they are likely to know will be one of the above!

SeanV4
Thanks for this and the info on the dealer as well! Sucks to know you can't test ride a bike and take it home right then and there..  JAX
If you see a bike on a dealers website that really interests you, ask if you can test ride it and ask what the chances of taking the same day - they may prep it before you arrive in the hope you will buy it!

Also try all of the comparison websites not just one, some get better deals then others on certain types of insurance!

Just so you know the thing with the R6/R1/Fireblade is they all carry a stigma about them with insurance companies and due to the fact that if you tell a non biker that you own a sports bike about the only 3 they are likely to know will be one of the above!

SeanV4
I gotcha! Good to know re that stigma, traditionally I thought is was the GSXR but can see how the Yamaha's fall into that. Surprised to hear about the fireblade. 

I'll checkout other insurance comparisons too - thanks mate

you say stigma - but insurance companies go on stats; and all those bikes are fast & desirable to thieves. Which equates to a high premium. 

you say stigma - but insurance companies go on stats; and all those bikes are fast & desirable to thieves. Which equates to a high premium.  Abzero
Correct mate - insurance came back for the R6 at £9.5k premium.... I think I'll pass - CBR it is.
you say stigma - but insurance companies go on stats; and all those bikes are fast & desirable to thieves. Which equates to a high premium.  Abzero
Correct mate - insurance came back for the R6 at £9.5k premium.... I think I'll pass - CBR it is. JAX
@ that rate you be getting a Honda NC50

£9.5k bargin!

Correct mate - insurance came back for the R6 at £9.5k premium.... I think I'll pass - CBR it is. JAX
@ that rate you be getting a Honda NC50 Wise
The NC50 is bangin! ;-) 
£9.5k bargin! Abzero
I know right!