The reason why i take the car to work....

Everday, rain or shine, from Sevenoaks into Victoria unless there are Friday afternoon drinks.

I commute to work every day, rain or shine, all seasons, although as am selling up won’t be for much longer :frowning: It’s quicker, can get past traffic and a lot more fun!

Selling up?

Hey, that’s my patch! I travel in from Ongar down the A113, M11, A406, A13 and then keep a watch for Jeremy Clarkson doing 186mph through the Limehouse Link in a Veyron (can’t believe the media fell for that!) to Victoria. Wave if you see one of these, as it’ll be me :slight_smile:

I’ve been using my bike for work for a couple of weeks - from SE London round the south circular and A3 to Teddington (about 20 miles).

It’s cut a two-hour one-way train journey down to 50 minutes - and, weirdly, is far less stressful!

I’m not sure if I’ve been lucky with the traffic or not yet, though - there doesn’t seem to be too much of it. That’ll probably change when the schools go back…

Indeed mate - going to Afghanistan on the 9th Sept, so bike is going tomorrow :frowning: and won’t be commuting on my bike to work over there :smiley: Have loved my commutes in though and weekend rides out , best thing eva!!

It’s very very quiet now and I’m afraid it will be much much busier when the schools go back.

Train travel is very stressful, only any good when I get to talk to a pretty girl. :wink:

Wow, good luck in Afghanistan mate.

Hi Hels, you eventually sell that Hornet of yours? If not I’d be interested.

Yes - it’s going tomorrow :frowning: I will be crying buckets to see that bike go, it’s the best Hornet ever made, race tuned, fantastic can, upside down forks, loved it :frowning: If anything happens and the buyer doesn’t take it or something, will let you know!!

petts wood not to far from me I was up there the other day as well.

you should go with Dave at DG rider training, he is the daddy. I know a few people on here have used him, and someone I know is using DG as we speak

Yeah, I’m booked with Dave for mid-September.

My gf did her CBT with him and thought he was excellent.

Now I’ve passed the theory test I’m really looking forward to doing it.

Might see you around in Petts Wood then.

Me too. And that’s one big reason why I have an old man’s monster scoot with an enormous topbox. I can get to all kinds of meetings on and off site, dump my stuff in the bike if needs be, and turn up looking just as suited and booted as the car drivers or train posse, but with a smile on my face.

I ride “to work” every day. However I have to visit 4-5 places in central london per day so a bike is the only option for me. Ive been doing it for a year now and still really enjoy it. Had a few scrapes and near misses, getting a 6th sense for ipod heroes and lunatic drivers nowadays.

But I always leave in the morning with some trepidation. I’m a prime risk candidate and I know it.

Couldnt do without it however, and I love every day dispite the dull job. :slight_smile:

I ride in every day except when I’m planning to meet friends for drinks after work.

It actually takes a bit longer than the train (including getting changed, locking bike up etc), but much more enjoyable, less stressful, not so sweaty when it’s hot and I don’t have to deal with moody people having arguments over really not important stuff like wether somebody is talking on the phone too loudly.

Me too, every day, Chelmsford to Vauxhall (so another one on the A414 patch). I dread to think how long it would take to get to the station, train to Liverpool Street and two tubes across to the Armpit of London, let alone what a season ticket would cost.

every day except snow and when we have drinks after work. Those few days are so depressing sitting on a train with all those people who look so sad. The day I cant ride to work anymore is the day I leave England.

I’ll second that

I’ve had my license a month and have just started commuting three times a week (I cycle or drive the other two days depending on meetings and weather!!) to get more experience and increase my confidendence - I love it!!

I think it’s a great way to learn, when you’re riding by yourself :smiley:

i’m on the bike every day, rain or shine from Clapham to Clerkenwell.

except this morning as i got hammered drunk last night and left the bike at work.

the toob is a most hideous place under normal circumstances. throw in a hangover and i thought the escalator had actually taken me down to hell.