The old School

my best pal had a fs1e and i had one of these!

I remember him buying a kwack KH100, i road it and it felt like an R1 at 16!

Attachments

my TS50X had a 70cc kit on, and i blew it up!

I’ve still got the piston, its an orniment on the side in my lounge, very sentemental in a funny way…

First bike was a Z200 only had it 6 weeks ,killed it ,hit a pub wall after overing a taking van who decided to turn right at last min . After coming out of hospital and some 7 months later went and got a bad boy RD 400 quick as you like but no breaks .:smiley:

in order to learn the hard way it had to be Yamaha 250,the YDS6 for me it was just that bit uncivilised,the YDS7 was too tame.A good DS6 could see off both the Honda and the Suzuki !!! been there done it .

Attachments

Couldn’t resist the reply when I saw the “380” once bought a 15 yr old all original and used it daily,so reliable.
But for sheer see yah later the Kwacker was very unruly I loved it and it slaughtered the Suzy unless you changed to a smaller sprocket on the Suzy.
Drawbacks ?? stopping from 3figures usually annihilated the brakes and 25 mpg wasn’t funny!!

Attachments

Number plates on front mudguard thank god they done away with that idea.:smiley:

Anyone remember the Rickman Kawasaki ???

I had one:DI bought a CRE in kit form and used a Z1000Mk2 donor bike.Hated it:DChopped it in for a GPz900:hehe:

Attachments

CR-E.jpg

CM man lol what is that! looks like something outa mad max…

Chunky your the man and old school God :smiley: I entered a comp to win one of them :smiley:

Its a Rickman CRE the last of the line of Rickman kit bikes.(I can see why now…lol;))

Sposed to be on the lines of an EGLI Endurance race bike.

In those days the word “handling” wasn’t in the Japanese vocabulary so you could buy a frame and build your own. i wish I’d spent a bit more and bought a harris cos they are still a classic.

I only ever saw mine and two others EVER!..lolI’ve always liked to be unusual…lol:DWhat about Moto Martin or Nico Bakkers? or even Spondon?All names from that era;)

oh right, i understand… i read a few years ago a great article about all the frame builders, harris, spondon etc… and how they came about…

harris made a frame for bazza didnt they, he put his suzuki engine in it…

spose they died out when the japs learnt how to make frames…

Yes Steve and Lester Harris made their name making frames for Sheene and Co.They ran the Yamaha works GP team for a few years in the '80sThey used to make cracking exhaust systems too.Wish i’d got a Harris as they were only in hertford, a stones throw from where i worked.Anyone remember the Simoto Gixer made by NWS?

i LOVE spondon frames…:smiley:

Lost me Chunky left me for dust on that,your memory knows no bounds.Mod please put The Master under chunkies avatar :smiley:

I feel a quiz coming on;):smiley:

Yep a team event and im on your side :smiley:

I usually set the questions:w00t: